Question GTX 1060: CODE 43 ?

Sep 4, 2022
Hello Luka here

I recently got a gtx 1060 which worked fine in the other pc tested furmark , played some games and every possible test .

The temperatures are fine , its not overheating , the gpu it self is right in the pci slot , with the pcie cables connected to it as well.
I ought to mention that i made another thread few days ago and this is just an update.

Yesterday i managed to get both drivers and signal on the card , i ran furmark and played some games as well which ran perfectly fine. I tought yay its working now so ill just go to sleep because it was late and play tommorow...Tommorow (now) i turned on my pc again but i came to the issue again , the code 43.
I tried using ddu once again and installing the drivers but still the card just gives me code 43 , and won't give me signal unless the device manager says its working propertly but in short doesn't have code 43 lol.Or the drivers are installed i don't realaly know cuz all worked all of suden?

Please help me the specs are :
I5-3450 quad core 3.1 base
P8H61-MX mobo
12 gigs of ram at 1600 mhz both sticks tested working fine
Manli GTX 1060 M-NGTX1060/5RCHDPPP
PSU Chieftec I-Arena 500w ATX

This model of the card requires a 8pin connector , and its the same model i wrote up there but it requires a 8 pin however.

To mention once again the card did accept the drivers i played some games rank furmark it was 80* at max i could see it in both device and task manager and yeah it worked fine

Lutfij

Titan
Use GPU-Z and see what the memory size shows. If you see 0MB, then the GPU's gone to another world...it's dead. You could try and flash the BIOS for your card with a VBIOS from Techpowerup(compatible to your GPU) but I doubt that'll help.

Your PSU might've caused the demise of your GPU, given how that unit isn't exactly a reliably built one.

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
sadly, that looks like a hardware problem. Gpu could be dead / dying. If it was a software error, reinstalling the drivers should have fixed it.

edit: did you get that gpu second hand? are you sure it was not used for mining by the previous owner? The reason why I asked is because the GTX 1060 is one of the more popular cards for use in mining.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2022
sadly, that looks like a hardware problem. Gpu could be dead / dying. If it was a software error, reinstalling the drivers should have fixed it.

edit: did you get that gpu second hand? are you sure it was not used for mining by the previous owner? The reason why I asked is because the GTX 1060 is one of the more popular cards for use in mining.
The card was tested on another pc , ran all the tests perfectly fine.
Its like the drivers decide is the gpu working or not?When i managed to download them i got signal , and the gpu didnt had the code 43 + it ran furmark and it was played games on...

The guy above you says "Use GPU-Z and see what the memory size shows. If you see 0MB, then the GPU's gone to another world...it's dead. You could try and flash the BIOS for your card with a VBIOS from Techpowerup(compatible to your GPU) but I doubt that'll help. "
Yes . It says its 0MB because its like windows doesn't even recognize it before i intall the drivers sucesfully.
Installing any new drivers would give me code 43.However i had some litearly random drivers on when the gpu worked , and in ran perfectly.

About the 0MB in the GPUZ , it was like that for the first time , and after i did manage to get it worked somehow it was all recognized and working just fine as i said.

( sorry if its maybe complicated because my english and grammar are not the best)

To describe in exact details.

No drivers = no signal the pc doesnt recognize the gpu
Drivers = signal+all things works furmark games and more
failed driver install = code 43

I don't know how tosay it but bassicly drivers make the gpu work and give signal litearly....

Ik its not faulthy gpu because it was tested in another pc and it worked fine .... I will try to flash the bios tommorow.