Gtx 1060 crashes, low fps, fps drops and high temp?

bohsar2

Prominent
Sep 1, 2017
Gtx 1060 3gb low fps, crashes, drops fps and stutters?

Made a gaming pc recently so i'm a complete noob.

My pc specs are
Msi b350m pro mobo
8gb ddr4 2400mhz ripjaw
Psu gamemax 500w bronze
1tb sata 3.5 hdd
Manli gtx 1060 3gb
Window 10 64 bit

The problem is when playing games my pc freezes (have to close game), fps drops to about 1-5 with constant stuttering then jumps up. Sometimes it jumps up and down constantly.

Happens mostly when loading new areas in Rise of the tomb raider and gun fights on gears of war 4. Formated/Re-installed all drivers but the problem still persists. The gpu temperature is constantly at 80-85 degrees when in Ultra. Getting 25-30 fps on tomb raider on ultra. Same fps on low too.

These problems mostly occur in ultra or high settings. However if i launch thr game at low/medium settings, there's barely any drops until i go to high/ultra settings. After the fps starts dropping/stuttering it still carries on doing it even after i lower the settings.

Could it be my gpu or psu? bought a b grade gpu from overclockers uk.

Can someone help me pelase?

bohsar2

Prominent
Sep 1, 2017

[
HW_M_.1.jpg
[/url][/img]

Was running furmark, is that what you meant by full load?

bohsar2

Prominent
Sep 1, 2017

idle

bohsar2

Prominent
Sep 1, 2017

Yes you need some very good airflow in your case if possible put a fan at the bottom of case to
those blower GPU overheat if there is no proper airflow in your case

bohsar2

Prominent
Sep 1, 2017

My HDD was like 2 inches away from my blower fan on the gpu. Moved hdd to the sdd slot and freed space resulting in a increase of airflow. My gpu temps are way lower and games are not crashing, fps does drop but barely. ordered a fan for the top and a rear fan, I'll update you on the situation next week one the new fans are installed.

bohsar2

Prominent
Sep 1, 2017

My HDD was like 2 inches away from my blower fan on the gpu. Moved hdd to the sdd slot and freed space resulting in a increase of airflow. My gpu temps are way lower and games are not crashing, fps does drop but barely. ordered a fan for the top and a rear fan, I'll update you on the situation next week one the new fans are installed.