GTX 1060 driver installation cannot continue

AdmiralHein

Prominent
May 25, 2017
Hi, I currently bought the GALAX GeForce GTX 1060 OC 3gig video card and installed it into my unit. however, when I downloaded the drivers for the video card, It said "Installation cannot continue. driver not compatible with this version of windows". I tried all available fix provided tutorials in YouTube or on any PC troubleshooting sites with no luck. Is there something I missed why its not running at all?. I am running out of options. Please help.

This is my current build:
CPU: AMD A10 7890k APU
GPU: GALAX GeForce GTX 1060 OC 3gig
RAM: Crucial 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM
MOB: MSI A78M-E35 v2
Storage: Seagate ST1000DM003 1TB
Display: Samsung XL2370HD 23inch

Any reply would be appreciated.
Thank you so much!

Solution
I already fixed this problems. I should have looked into my OS instead of fixing just around the Nvidia driver.
What I did was to make sure Windows 10 is in its most recent update (version 1607), this will automatically download a the Nvidia driver with it(you might have a outdated version of the driver). Install most updated Nvidia Driver from http://www.geforce.com/drivers and your good to go. I hope this helps.

AdmiralHein

Prominent
May 25, 2017

The monitor is plugged into the Video card using a HDMI cable, however its detecting 2 display adopter in my device manager. I disabled the other adopter which is the integrated video card from the A10 APU.

AdmiralHein

Prominent
May 25, 2017

Yes, I'm using the windows 10 64 bit, but im not sure which model I used. I'll try to update you on which version of win10 I am using once I get home later.

and yes, I got my installer from Nvidia.com and with the driver version of 382.33. Its it maybe from the driver issue?

AdmiralHein

Prominent
May 25, 2017

Yes, I uninstalled the previous graphics drivers using DDU in safe mode before installing the Nvidia Driver version 382.33.

AdmiralHein

Prominent
May 25, 2017

I will do, I'll update you later once I get home.

AdmiralHein

Prominent
May 25, 2017
I already fixed this problems. I should have looked into my OS instead of fixing just around the Nvidia driver.
What I did was to make sure Windows 10 is in its most recent update (version 1607), this will automatically download a the Nvidia driver with it(you might have a outdated version of the driver). Install most updated Nvidia Driver from http://www.geforce.com/drivers and your good to go. I hope this helps.

Solution