GTX 1060 - EVGA difference between non-superclocked and superclocked?

I know that the main difference is that the super clocked version is 100mhz more on the boost, but is there really much of a difference when I could overclock the normal one to 2000mhz? Can you do that?

Is there any other differences that the SC has compared to the non superclocked version?

Thanks

Solution
The Asus Dual GTX 1060 has +101 MHZ boost clock, so the same as the EVGA SC. If that card is the same price as the non superclocked evga 1060, you can consider it if you like how it looks. again it should hit the same overclocks as the non SC evga card though.

Ethanh100

Honorable
No difference if you are going to overclock yourself. No additional power phases or binned chips. That would be the FTW version that would have that stuff. Only difference as you said is it is factory overclocked, the only reason to get the SC version is if you dont overclock and it will get you maybe +3 fps in games.

Ethanh100

Honorable
Yeah you could probably get up to 2ghz somewhat easily with added voltage. Go for the non SC if you even just know the basics of overclocking. Even if you didnt know how to oc, i wouldn't say its worth it for the very small gain of the factory overclock.

Yeah exactly. Only a few FPS anyway. I'm going to run it on 900p aswell which will probably add those lost frames back, considering it's made for 1080p.

Also, is there any difference to the EVGA 1060 to the Dual OC Asus one? Or is it just the factory overclock?

Ethanh100

Honorable
The Asus Dual GTX 1060 has +101 MHZ boost clock, so the same as the EVGA SC. If that card is the same price as the non superclocked evga 1060, you can consider it if you like how it looks. again it should hit the same overclocks as the non SC evga card though.

Solution

TechBloke

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2016
Certainly does. Read information online about the 2 cards. Close up pictures show distinct copper pipes as part of the cooling solution on the sc version. I also believe the sc has a more efficient heatsink.

I would agree with you, TechBloke because a smaller GPU will mean that the cooling is less powerful than a dual fan GPU

TRENDING THREADS