GTX 1060 (G1 Gaming or Gaming X)

AndrewWilliam26

Commendable
Jul 10, 2016
im going to get a 1060 since the 580 is out of stock everywhere, should i go for the gigabyte g1 gaming or the msi gaming x. The gaming x is ~$20 more than the g1 gaming.

Solution
Honestly the small performance increase that you would pay 20 bucks for is useless.You probably would not even see a difference between for example 45 and 47 fps and if you really want all the performance you can get you can simply overclock the g1 slightly without any overvolting and get the same performance.Better save the 20 bucks for the steam summer sale :D Also I have a G1 1080 and I can say their cooling system is really good.The card never exceeds about 75 ish degrees and that's overclocked.It stays pretty silent even under full load(considering my past gpu was the R9 280 which was as loud as a bloody jet taking off)Better save the 20$.

CapsLuke

Honorable
Jan 7, 2017
i would say gaming x without doubts. it's true that the higher clock speed can be achieved oc'ing the G1, but you have (in my opinion) better cooling system (both are dual fan but the msi design is more effective) and you are guaranteed to get that boost clock while you can loose the silicon lottery on the g1 to get the same stock speed on the gaming x. also it's better looking :)

BlueHawk55

Commendable
Dec 2, 2016
Honestly the small performance increase that you would pay 20 bucks for is useless.You probably would not even see a difference between for example 45 and 47 fps and if you really want all the performance you can get you can simply overclock the g1 slightly without any overvolting and get the same performance.Better save the 20 bucks for the steam summer sale :D Also I have a G1 1080 and I can say their cooling system is really good.The card never exceeds about 75 ish degrees and that's overclocked.It stays pretty silent even under full load(considering my past gpu was the R9 280 which was as loud as a bloody jet taking off)Better save the 20$.

Solution