Question Gtx 1060 Game laggy when watching something on other monitor

yaboibaron

Reputable
Oct 12, 2017
Hello :) I have a gtx 1060 and an i7-6700k, i run a dual monitor setup one is 75hz the other is 60hz. im noticing that when i play my game in borderless it works completely fine UNTIL i watch like a stream or video on my other monitor. anyone know the cause of this? is it normal? I thought a gtx 1060 should of been able to handle that?

Jun 3, 2019
Hello :) I have a gtx 1060 and an i7-6700k, i run a dual monitor setup one is 75hz the other is 60hz. im noticing that when i play my game in borderless it works completely fine UNTIL i watch like a stream or video on my other monitor. anyone know the cause of this? is it normal? I thought a gtx 1060 should of been able to handle that?
Is one monitor connected via display port directly or do you have a display port to HDMI adapter?

It's because the game doesn't like being in the background. This may be an issue with your perception of how things work.

Now, I can't say this happens to me with my Vega64, but I can say that it's not because of the 1060 you have is not capable of doing it. I would imagine it has to do more with your CPU instead. Have you checked CPU usage when you do this?

Cheers!

Well, I already gave you a plausible explanation: the game doesn't like being in the background.

How to check that? Run it in Fullscreen-exclusive (non-windowed nor borderless), then alt tab, run a video and alt tab back to the game.

Cheers!