GTX 1060 + GTX 760 Bitcoin Mine?

emflick3r

Prominent
Aug 27, 2017
I've been using the 3gb 1060 for bitcoin mining for a while and noticed the old 760 box sitting in the corner of my closet. i did some research and found that this will apparently work for what i need it to do. I plugged it all in, hooked it all up, and then... windows wouldn't detect it. The fans are running so it's clearly receiving power, but windows, nicehash, nvidia experience, none of them would even acknowledge the 760's existence. anyone know what this could be?

Edit: I got a windows notif saying "Your computer must be restarted to complete setting up the following devices: Geforce GTX 760" I restarted, nothing happened.

Solution
You don't need sli for 2 cards. How else would dedicated physx gpus work? Also sli is for gaming and not needed for multi gpu compute. Not to mention even mixing amd gpus and intel gpus in there is possible.

Can you list your specs? Does it show in bios? Are you even making money with bitcoins? Even without paying for electricity, your hash rate compared to asics makes a 1060 useless.
You don't need sli for 2 cards. How else would dedicated physx gpus work? Also sli is for gaming and not needed for multi gpu compute. Not to mention even mixing amd gpus and intel gpus in there is possible.

Can you list your specs? Does it show in bios? Are you even making money with bitcoins? Even without paying for electricity, your hash rate compared to asics makes a 1060 useless.

Solution

ferazoneit

Prominent
Dec 31, 2017

Both cards are nvidia card but you have to install gtx 760 first and download its driver from nvidia website let its driver installed properly first. Check at device manager on display to make sure there is no ! or ? appeared next to gtx 760 graphic card. Off your computer and unplug power cord. Next move the gtx 760 to next pcie slot and place your gtx 1060 inside the primary pcie slot. Restart your computer to let your system detect the gtx1060 graphic card. If necessary download the driver for gtx 1060 or use the driver dvd to install the driver. Check at device manager again to make sure no ! or ? next to gtx1060.

I have installed both gt740 and gtx 750 to a computer no problem. For mining you need to install window 7 or 10 64 bits operating system. If you use minergate gt 740 gives low xmr hash rate of about 130 h/s while gtx750 about 200h/s combine hash rate is about 200-320 h/s. Using nicehash for blerks it can give combined about 0.6gh/s sometime. gtx 1060 should give better result.