[SOLVED] GTX 1060 + i9900k Benchmarks?

Mar 11, 2020
Hey has anyone benchmarked a gtx 1060 6gb with a i9900k i just wanted to see the results in famous games like CSGO, Fortnite, Rainbow Six Siege and other heavy games please let me know then.

Solution
What gpu?
Depends on what is left in your budget.

You can make do with the stock cooler that comes with the Ryzen 3600. And if wanting to upgrade that can you make do with soemthing not too pricey.
Under $35,-
ARCTIC Freezer 33 CPU Cooler vs. ARCTIC Freezer 33 eSports ONE (Black/Yellow) CPU Cooler vs. FSP Group Windale 4 60 CFM CPU Cooler vs. ARCTIC Freezer 34 CPU Cooler - PCPartPicker
personally like this one but is more expensive (the above should do fine),
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Hy...ck-edition-420-cfm-cpu-cooler-rr-212s-20pk-r1

Ram for $193 seems alot of money,but maybe is normal where you live. Then prices might affect what gpu is right for you too.

adamgrant520

Reputable
Jan 6, 2019
Hey has anyone benchmarked a gtx 1060 6gb with a i9900k i just wanted to see the results in famous games like CSGO, Fortnite, Rainbow Six Siege and other heavy games please let me know then.

i really doubt anyone has ever paired those two components up. the 1060 is miles under powered to pair with a 9900k. The only reason someone would make such a system would be CAD. but certainly not gaming, if you plan to pair those two components up i would strongly argue against it for gaming.

ps: if you are really desperate for some reason, just search gtx 1060 fps benchmark into youtube and watch a couple of videos, the performance between the cpu used in that video and yours will be very small. maybe +- 3 fps

EndEffeKt_24

Commendable
Mar 27, 2019
I dont see the point. The 9900k can output like 200-300 fps in those esport titles. So in the end the only question is how hard you are gpu-limited. If you lower resolution and detail enough you can match that, but your game will look like crap.
Are you one of those guys that really think 240hz give you a noticible advantage over 144 hz? I call bs.

I only have a budget of 1150 to spend on a new cooler cpu motherboard and ram
The 9900k is not a cpu to choose when you care about a budget. Its overpriced and requires expensive motherboard and cooling to run properly. You can get a 3700X for 1/2 the overall budget and get 80-90% the performance. For gaming unless pairing with a top end gpu and running a lower resolution like 1080p any difference will be significantly smaller or none at all. You can invest the money saved into other areas of your build that will give you a benefit.

Mar 11, 2020
The 9900k is not a cpu to choose when you care about a budget. Its overpriced and requires expensive motherboard and cooling to run properly. You can get a 3700X for 1/2 the overall budget and get 80-90% the performance. For gaming unless pairing with a top end gpu and running a lower resolution like 1080p any difference will be significantly smaller or none at all. You can invest the money saved into other areas of your build that will give you a benefit.
Already got good cooling

Mar 11, 2020
What gpu?
The Ryzen 3600x + Asus rog strix b450-f is like 470 dollars then im getting ram another 193 dollars
Yes pick another cpu and get a better gpu. Games you mention aren't particular "heavy" by current standards btw,
Think a Ryzen 3600+matching motherboard would already do fine. One of the MSI "Max" motherboards for instance. This one for example:"MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ".
Nvm i need a cooler too so might only have around 460 or something

Mar 11, 2020
What gpu?
The Ryzen 3600x + Asus rog strix b450-f is like 470 dollars then im getting ram another 193 dollars
Yes pick another cpu and get a better gpu. Games you mention aren't particular "heavy" by current standards btw,
Think a Ryzen 3600+matching motherboard would already do fine. One of the MSI "Max" motherboards for instance. This one for example:"MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ".
Nvm i need a cooler too so might only have around 400 to 450

Gaming GPUs are regularly one-third to one-half (or more) the cost of a whole computer upgrade so upgrading everything EXCEPT the GPU OR upgrading JUST the GPU makes total sense. I upgrade my systems using this method all the time.

Please list your current system specs.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
What gpu?

You can make do with the stock cooler that comes with the Ryzen 3600. And if wanting to upgrade that can you make do with soemthing not too pricey.
Under $35,-
ARCTIC Freezer 33 CPU Cooler vs. ARCTIC Freezer 33 eSports ONE (Black/Yellow) CPU Cooler vs. FSP Group Windale 4 60 CFM CPU Cooler vs. ARCTIC Freezer 34 CPU Cooler - PCPartPicker
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Hy...ck-edition-420-cfm-cpu-cooler-rr-212s-20pk-r1

Ram for $193 seems alot of money,but maybe is normal where you live. Then prices might affect what gpu is right for you too.

Solution
Mar 11, 2020
What gpu?
Nvm i need a cooler too so might only have around

Under $35,-

im getting a i5 9600k with rtx 260 ty for the help tho

Mar 11, 2020
What gpu?
Nvm i need a cooler too so might only have around
Okay, still good choices. Have fun with it! (y)
thanks btw im posting something new about gaming mouse if anyone knows anything about that stay tuned