GTX 1060 Issue

Feb 1, 2019
I have seen multiple threads on this issue, none have helped me whatsoever. If anyone knows anything and could possibly help I would appreciate that so much.

So I have an Asus M5a97 PLUS mobo and AMD FX 8320 processor. 16 GB of ram and other none relevant components. I previously had a GTX 950 card that would work perfectly fine but I decided I wanted to upgrade. I upgraded to the GTX 1050 TI and had 0 display. I went through all of the things I could have done by my knowledge (update drivers as well as BIOS) and still had no display but fans spinning. I decided to take the card back and purchase a nvidia gtx 1060. I ran into the same exact issues, I get display at times but I'm not able to boot past BIOS. Everytime I try to boot past BIOS my pc will freeze. (unsure if relevant but im running windows 10)

hang-the-9

Titan
Check for a newer BIOS for the motherboard, then try the new card. You have all power cords in the video card that are needed? There is no display at all, not even the BIOS screen? Try different outputs on the card?

Feb 1, 2019

So I only have one PCIE slot so I cant try it in a different one, I updated BIOS to the most recent update. All the power that can go to the card is going to it and so forth.

Feb 1, 2019
I deleted the drivers and reinstalled for the new card. I havent tried the card without the drivers. I'm also not able to test the card on a different system.

ASK THE COMMUNITY