[SOLVED] Spilled juice on my GTX 1060 card ?

Nov 30, 2021
Hey know there are a lot of questions about this, I dropped juice on my PC & the CPU and motherboard died.
The RAM survived and my gtx 1060 got stain on the back on the small chips.
I am tempted to open it up but wonder if there are other ways to clean it besides using q-tips or ear-swab and alcohol?
I've got them but wonder if I can use something else?

At my work I got a spray can called "Veidec Metal Clean 47" and wonder if I can use that or something else ?

Solution
Cotton swabs will get torn up by all the tiny surface mount components and leave behind a lot of threads.

Alcohol is fine, just go get a new toothbrush and try to scrub it away. You can also use dish soap to start, just the last cleaning should be alcohol only to avoid leaving any residues behind.

Contact cleaner might be worth a go, but it is just compressed gas and isopropyl alcohol essentially.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Cotton swabs will get torn up by all the tiny surface mount components and leave behind a lot of threads.

Alcohol is fine, just go get a new toothbrush and try to scrub it away. You can also use dish soap to start, just the last cleaning should be alcohol only to avoid leaving any residues behind.

Contact cleaner might be worth a go, but it is just compressed gas and isopropyl alcohol essentially.

Reactions: rickypicky5
Solution