Question GTX 1060 Monitor Order is wrong

Oct 19, 2021
Hello,
I have GTX 1060 6GB card and i have two same monitor, based on this image

I have connect first (primary) monitor to DP port #3, other or second monitor to DP port #4, when i start PC all looks fine i can see post screen and bios on my primary monitor connected on port #3 and that's a logic, but when windows is boot and drivers is loaded my Primary screen is changed to port #4 and thats a big problem, i mean i can rearrange displays in System > Display like this

But this is not solution because if i choice PC Screen Only i always get a wrong monitor, any solution for this? Looks that nvidia drivers does not respect monitor order based on ports ?

Nov 30, 2021
In your photo in OP below the 2 screens it says "multiple displays" and under that there is a greyed out section that says "Make this my ,main" if you click the monitor labeled number 1 the grey area will no longer br greyed out and you can select it as the main.

Oct 19, 2021
If i select monitor 1 and set as primary than i have wrong monitor, monitor 2 should be primary and that's i selected.. but also monitor 2 is connected to port #3.

If you want monitor 2 to be the main monitor and it already is, then what is the issue here exactly?
Everything is as you want it to be.

You do not control, which monitor is main in BIOS.
You can only control, which monitor is main in windows.

Oct 19, 2021
I would not agree, in this case if you go to option Project > PC Screen Only you will get wrong monitor because of this number, PC Screen Only is always monitor 1

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS