GTX 1060 not working

jasonj1999

Prominent
Apr 21, 2017
Hey guys and gals,
I just got a GTX 1060 to update from my 950... It won't load a screen on the new one... Not even a boot screen or the bios.
I do not have integrated graphics on my CPU since I bought an old server xeon. I have used display driver uninstaller and I can boot just fine from my old card but when o power of the system and switch it won't do any...
I can put my old 950 in and it works just fine...

Solution

Now we have some details, that is an 1150 socket motherboard, it's not really old and should have a UEFI BIOS which should run the newer video cards.
Even though you did not put in any details about the system, your clue about "old server xeon" is good enough. Your motherboard is too old to run the newer video cards and since it's an OEM server board it is twice as likely to not work with newer video cards. You can try doing a BIOS update and see if the helps. If not, you need a newer motherboard to run the 1060.

jasonj1999

Prominent
Apr 21, 2017

Ok I will try to update the BIOS, but both the ASRock C226 SW and Xeon were bought new if that changes anything.

Now we have some details, that is an 1150 socket motherboard, it's not really old and should have a UEFI BIOS which should run the newer video cards.

Solution