liamwhalley20

Prominent
Nov 27, 2018
Is this a good overclock for an msi gtx 1060 6gb ocv1

GPU Speed: 2126 MHz
Memory clock: 4234 MHz

All figures provided by msi after burner, have benchmarked via Furmark and Valley. Max temperatures got to about 62° but have been playing gta 5 and has sat around 53°. Just wondering if this is good enough for could possibly squeeze some more out of this?

That's a very good OC for that card.
I was not able to go above 2100MHz (temps hit 76° ) but I was able to get the RAM to 4520MHz.
I think I could have pushed the RAM higher, but it wasn't my GPU and I did not wan to brake it.
Your temps are very good, so you could push it a little higher.

liamwhalley20

Prominent
Nov 27, 2018
Ahh excellent I think I will bump up the memory a little and maybe try and hit 2200 MHz on core clock, worth a shot at least, plus is is on the default factor curve so of the temps do get a little higher I can always adjust that :)

liamwhalley20

Prominent
Nov 27, 2018
Yeah I'm actually struggling to get more than around 4250MHz on memory, if I put it any higher and then benchmark it it just crashes the benchmark especially with furmark it shows the image then just crashes, haven't tested it on games once the benchmark crashed just lowered it until it seemed stable,

liamwhalley20

Prominent
Nov 27, 2018
Hi, I have an MSI GTX1060 6GB ocv1 and have been experimenting with overclocking this gpu. I have managed to get the core clock to 2126 MHz and memory to around 4232 MHz.

My question is it keeps throttling on the voltage, the core clock gets to 2152MHz then after about a minute voltage limits kick in and throttles down to 2126MHz the voltage slider is locked in MSI afterburner but is not locked in EVGA precisionX so is there any way I can prevent the throttling by sliding it up in Evga whilst still using my overclock in afterburner? Or am i just making things more complicated for myself :')

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador
Hi, I have an MSI GTX1060 6GB ocv1 and have been experimenting with overclocking this gpu. I have managed to get the core clock to 2126 MHz and memory to around 4232 MHz.

My question is it keeps throttling on the voltage, the core clock gets to 2152MHz then after about a minute voltage limits kick in and throttles down to 2126MHz the voltage slider is locked in MSI afterburner but is not locked in EVGA precisionX so is there any way I can prevent the throttling by sliding it up in Evga whilst still using my overclock in afterburner? Or am i just making things more complicated for myself :')

you sure its not due to it getting hotter?