[SOLVED] GTX 1060 pci cable

Oct 6, 2020
1F5Q1mw.jpg
So I just got a GTX 1060 from a friend. I am upgrading my (awful) GT 710. It says I need a pci power cord? I didn't need one for my GT 710. This is my card:

Solution
you need to connect a pcie power connection from your psu to power the card. this is very common for all but entry level gpu's.

if your psu does not have the connection, then you need a new psu that has the proper connections.

that is a 6-pin connection on the card so that's the minimum cable your psu needs. if you don't know if you have one, then you can post your specific psu model and we can look it up for you.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
you need to connect a pcie power connection from your psu to power the card. this is very common for all but entry level gpu's.

if your psu does not have the connection, then you need a new psu that has the proper connections.

that is a 6-pin connection on the card so that's the minimum cable your psu needs. if you don't know if you have one, then you can post your specific psu model and we can look it up for you.

Reactions: Linuxx
Solution

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020

I believe these cards come with a adapter or is that no good? sighs 🏝❤💯👶

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
an adapter is a VERY VERY bad idea. again 212w on the 12v rail!!!

the 6-pin and mobo slot together can pull 150w. thrown in the cpu and rest of the system and you can see that the psu will never be able to handle it all.

please NEVER suggest one of those death trap adapters as they are NEVER a good idea!! if you can offer a budget and a couple places you prefer to buy from, i can easily suggest a replacement. does not take long when i already know what is worth buying and what is not.

TRENDING THREADS