May 28, 2014
Alright so weird problem here.

I have a Dell Inspiron 15-7577 laptop which has:
128gb SSD
1tb HDD
GTX 1060
Intel HD Graphics 630
16gb DDR4 RAM

My understanding is that the computer uses the the Intel graphics when doing basic stuff and then uses the 1060 once a game is launched. Well whenever I launch a game that should very easily be handled by a 1060, like Europa Universalis, it runs horribly. Like 15-20 FPS. But then when I disable the 1060 in the device manager the game runs perfectly fine using the integrated graphics.

I did just get the motherboard in this laptop replaced using warranty as that failed. Also before the motherboard failed the GTX 1060 on that one slowly died too (artifacting). I just assumed when they replaced the motherboard that they also replaced the GTX 1060 since its a laptop. No more artifacting since the replaced motherboard, just awful performance.

So do I need to send this back again to get the graphics card fixed or is something going wrong on my end?

Yankeetown1357

Honorable
May 28, 2014
Seeing how you got a replacement board for the laptop, are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard? You will also need to uninstall the GPU drivers and install the latest found off of Nvidia's support site.
I used DDU to reinstall Nvidia's graphics drivers which didn't work but haven't done the BIOS update yet so I'll try that.

Yankeetown1357

Honorable
May 28, 2014
Seeing how you got a replacement board for the laptop, are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard? You will also need to uninstall the GPU drivers and install the latest found off of Nvidia's support site.
BIOS is already up to date so they must've installed the latest version when replacing it.