Question GTX 1060 usage randomly drops to 0%

May 6, 2019
so, when i play basically any game other than vanilla minecraft, my ASUS GTX 1060 3GB OC variant seems to randomly drop to 0% or stay in the 30-40% region when there are more things on the screen. ive checked the usage of everything else, and my cpu (amd fx 8320 3.5 GHz) never seems to go over about 50-70% and the ram never goes over something like 7000 GBs. the card constantly stays at 50C-65C under load which ive read is normal and really dont know why that could be happening. any help would be appreciated

Please provide FULL system specs. Especially make and model of PSU.

A general note which most probably won't be your case: Just because your CPU does not go up to 100% does not mean that is not your problem. If a game/application uses only 1 core, then a 4 core CPU can bottleneck at 25% utilisation.

also, my PSU is a coolermaster RS-600-ACAB-M2 and the absolute peak temperature I've ever gotten was 81C with seus ptgi.
That PSU is not of the best quality and certainly not 600w. From what I found on Google, it's 408w on the 12v rails (only the 12v matters for 99% of the hardware).
I would suggest to upgrade it to something from Seasonic, EVGA, rosewill and most of Corsair (rm series).

May 6, 2019
That PSU is not of the best quality and certainly not 600w. From what I found on Google, it's 408w on the 12v rails (only the 12v matters for 99% of the hardware).
I would suggest to upgrade it to something from Seasonic, EVGA, rosewill and most of Corsair (rm series).
i do suspect it's my PSU, but the random drops dont seem to happen when playing minecraft with seus ptgi e9 and my GPU always stays at 99%
also i tried playing fortnite and playing with multithreaded rendering does nothing but just increase the cpu usage and not change anything else.