GTX 1060 with NO SYNC or RX with FREE SYNC ?

techyvishal15

Prominent
Aug 19, 2017
Hi all,
Hope everything is alright :)

So I currently have these:

- I5 7500
- Msi h110m pro vh-plus
- 2x Corsair Valueselect 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz
- Corsair CX500 ( Green )
- WD BLUE 1TB HDD
- Samsung EVO 850 250GB SSD
- Corsair 100R Case
- Samsung AH-IPS 19" Monitor with only VGA Port.

So I have to buy a GPU and Monitor.
Previously I was looking into Zotac GTX 1060 6GB AMP EDITION

but g sync monitors are way expensive and I can't afford it.

So I have to choose whether a GTX 1060 with no sync monitor ( will buy Free Sync monitor but for GTX 1060 it will no sync or sync less ) or any AMD RX Card Which is equivalent to GTX 1060 with same monitor ( Which has free sync )

So which one I should go for ?
If your answer is RX CARD with free sync monitor then please suggest a GTX 1060 equivalent RX card.

Extra Info:
I mostly play and love open world games like GTA 5 and Just Cause 3 and definitely buy need for speed payback as I loved most wanted and rivals as I also open world Racing games. Also shooting games like BF 1 and COD Series.

Cheers :)

Solution
RX 580 is the direct opposition for the 1060

usually the RX perform head to head with the 1060, but in DX12, the RX can win by a certain margin (because of the better architecture compability with the DX12) [GTX is good on DX12, but the RX is better]
the RX also had more VRAM and the Freesync monitor price is much more cheaper than the G-sync ones...

the thing is, these days, it's price is so damn high because of the sh*tty miners, so u'll have to wait for the price to go down / for a rebate....

MSRP for the RX 580: 229$
prices these days goes from 300$-400$ so i don't really think it's worth the price :(

btw, a friendly suggestion:
change ur PSU, from what i've heard, the CX green had some issue, that;s why Corsair comes up with...

prometheuscent

Prominent
Sep 5, 2017
Buy a RX580 will be the equivalent of a GTX 1060 and better in some games, but be carefully with prices, they are selling for higher than recommended retail price since miners. but if you find one inside the 250-340$ range get it. Here's one: RX 580 8GB

GR1M_ZA

Reputable
Apr 29, 2014
I personally would go for a RX card and Free Sync monitor. The RX580 8GB and GTX1060 6GB is very closely compared. You cant really go wrong with either of them. I saw some reviews of the Aorus RX580 and Sapphire RX580 Nitro+, and those cards seems to perform pretty well. http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/08/02/gigabyte-aorus-radeon-rx580-xtr-8g-review & https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Sapphire/RX_580_Nitro_Plus/. In some games the 1060 performs a little better and in other games the RX580 performs a little better.

RX 580 is the direct opposition for the 1060

usually the RX perform head to head with the 1060, but in DX12, the RX can win by a certain margin (because of the better architecture compability with the DX12) [GTX is good on DX12, but the RX is better]
the RX also had more VRAM and the Freesync monitor price is much more cheaper than the G-sync ones...

the thing is, these days, it's price is so damn high because of the sh*tty miners, so u'll have to wait for the price to go down / for a rebate....

MSRP for the RX 580: 229$
prices these days goes from 300$-400$ so i don't really think it's worth the price :(

btw, a friendly suggestion:
change ur PSU, from what i've heard, the CX green had some issue, that;s why Corsair comes up with the 2017 version (gray labels) which fix the issues previous version had...
in short: the grey labels is more reliable than the green ones
https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/588430-difference-between-corsair-cx-green-and-grey-psu/

Solution

turbopixel

Reputable
May 18, 2015
You really should change your PSU. I would not use it for normal web browser usage, and forget if you want play games with graphics card! It is Tier Four (of 1 to 4 different tiers) in this list, look at the general description of that tier:
"
Built down to a low price. Not exactly the most stable units ever created. Very basic safety circuitry or even thin gauge wiring used. Not for gaming rigs or overclocking systems of any kind. Avoid unless your budget dictates your choice.
"
> http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html

^^^
i suggest u follow what this guy says

techyvishal15

Prominent
Aug 19, 2017
Hi guys,
Thanks for everybody's precious time helping me :)

I got the answer what I asked for.

And for the PSU should SeaSonic S12II 520W will do the job ?

And one question if my PC usage is 500W Average, will 750W PSU can cause more electricity bills than 550W PSU ?

turbopixel

Reputable
May 18, 2015
That said Seasonic S12 series is a good one.
No, a 750W psu have just more reserves, but if you have a pc with 300W output, a 500W psu and a 750W psu will just use 300W power. But, some psu are more efficient than others and the most efficient part of a psu is if you half load it.
Btw, sorry for beeing off topic, but the psu is an important part and your current one is really not recommended for gaming.

techyvishal15

Prominent
Aug 19, 2017

I don't want my CX500 destroy my other components, Thank You so much for let me knowing.

So I gonna buy SeaSonic S12II

Thanks Again :bounce: