Question GTX 1060m 3GB Extraordinary Low FPS Problem

May 19, 2019
Hi, in last one month i have a stubborn FPS problem with my laptop i still couldn't find whats cause it.

its hard to explaing for me whats going on with FPS. Sometimes rarely its working with normal performance. But mostly its not
For example in Fornite with my settings my FPS is 120-160 it is normal
Than its sometimes start to stuttering my fps decline to 20-30 almost 10-15 second
Sometimes its stable around 20-30
When the problem occur (mostly is occurring) I changed to settings to lowest include resolution its still same around 20-30
I tried it with CS-GO even CS is same. Briefly i can say that i cant play any game with this problem.

Once a time when had stable 20 fps issue. I unplug the laptop charger and FPS increased to 90 but as everyone know its hard to play game with on battery. But this make me suspicus.
I wonder what can i do more about it ?

I check the all internet and Tomshardware forum and i tried all solutions nothing happened.
Here the list of what i tried for it.
  • I Completely delete the system disk and reinstall the windows.
  • I install the all windows and Nvidia upgrades
  • I tried 5-6 different graphic driver. Old version, newest version, for GTX 1060m or GTX 1060 regular and DCH versions.
  • From Nvidia control panel, i changed the power management to prefer maximum performance
  • I create a power plan for my pc from power settings and modify it to High Performance
  • On windows graphic settings I added the games to the list and selected High Performance
  • I check my memory health with several different program. No problem
  • I checked my SSDs health the is no problem.
  • I delete games from ssd 1 and install to ssd2 in case of problem with ssd 1.
  • I check the system sensors Fans are working well.
  • The GPU is working under power around 90 C degree and CPU is less than it some times both around 90 C degree
  • I cleaned the fans.
  • I check the GPU load on games It was around %99 and 100
  • I check the GPU and CPU load when it idle, it was normal

My system features:

Operating System:
Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 17763) (17763.rs5_release.180914-1434)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
System Model: FX503VM
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7300HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAMAvailable OS Memory: 16340MB RAM - dual 8gb
Page File: 7239MB used, 12044MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)
System DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)
DxDiag Version: 10.00.17763.0001 64bit Unicode

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTX 1060
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

1x m2. 120 gb SSD 1x SATAIII 240 gb SSD

Userbenchmark Result 1
Userbenchmark Result 2

I tried 5-6 different graphic driver. Old version, newest version, for GTX 1060m or GTX 1060 regular and DCH versions.

Have you also tried installing the VGA drivers from the Manufacturer's Website, the OEM drivers ? Try to use the OEM driver, and check whether it solves your problem or not. Not sure if this is your exact model, but I'm just giving this link for reference.

https://www.asus.com/Laptops/FX503/HelpDesk_Download/

Also, make sure to update your Laptop's BIOS, firmware, and other drivers as well.

Reactions: martlost
May 19, 2019
Yes, its correct version of my laptop.
I installed from asus all other driver and bios except VGA and Asus Gaming Control Service. I tought its better the instal from nvidia. Now i installed the VGA driver from asus and gaming control service hotfix and test it the problem still happening. There is no change.

I think you might be facing some throttling/heat issues, IMO, since 90 C is a very high temp for a Laptop. Also, did you first remove the previous GPU drivers, before installing the OEM VGA driver ? Do a clean re-install.

But your problem also seems to related to the Hardware, most probably the battery/charger. But, I'm not sure. Also, check the BIOS settings to make sure you are using the GTX 1060M as the graphics processor. Don't you have a cooling pad ?

Last edited:
May 19, 2019
Yes, i delete all nvidia drivers and programs and selected clean install (which also delete previous versions)
This is my BIOS. by the way i clean installed and test drivers for both gtx1060m and gtx1060

How can i check the problems related to battery or charger ?
Edit: I dont have a cooling pad right now

Last edited: