GTX 1070 90C damage?

wight25

Honorable
Jul 5, 2013
Hey all,

For some reason if my graphics card software isnt operating the fans wont operate and stay at around 800rpm. Because i forgot to run the software my graphics card reached 90C, Is it possible that damaged could have occurred?

Thank you.

wight25

Honorable
Jul 5, 2013
Well i should of done my research, ive checked the nvidia website and found this Maximum GPU Temperature (in C)
94. So acording to this im okay. am i right in thinking this card would termal throttle before any damage?

90 is still high for the card, make sure you have plenty of case ventilation.

You don't need to have any additional software installed for the graphics card to work, the Nvidia driver is the only required one. I've never heard of your card brand or software but looking into it the EXPERTool is just a GPU monitoring and overclocking software from Gainward. Most people use MSI Afterburner to monitor and overclock

wight25

Honorable
Jul 5, 2013
90 is high indeed! My card dosnt go above 60C when gaming because i have an aggressive fan curve on. problem was the fans didnt go above 800rpm because i didnt turn EXPERTOOL on.

After doing some research ive found Asus AI suit 3 could be causing this as when you uninstall it it dosnt fully install. Does anyone know how to fully clean AI Suit 3 fully from your system?