GTX 1070 auto fans

blazblue

Commendable
Dec 2, 2018
Hi i have a question. Is it ok that my GTX 1070 Gaming X turn on fans in Witcher 3? I never overclocked my GTX 1070. I have automatic fans control on And temp limit set to 83 degrees Celsius. Max temperature was 64-65 degrees Celsius when playing Witcher 3. I am scared a bit.

Solution
The fans have a preset fan speed curve which means that at higher temps the fans will run faster to keep down your temperatures. 64-65 degrees are very good temps, anything under 70ºC is very good, between 70-75ºC is ok and between 75-80ºC is where you should start thinking about how to lower temperatures because going over 80ºC is not good.

If you start getting high temperatures you can manually edit the fan speed curve with programs like MSI Afterburner, undervolt the GPU, etc, etc, but by now your temps are just perfect.

Phazoner

Distinguished
The fans have a preset fan speed curve which means that at higher temps the fans will run faster to keep down your temperatures. 64-65 degrees are very good temps, anything under 70ºC is very good, between 70-75ºC is ok and between 75-80ºC is where you should start thinking about how to lower temperatures because going over 80ºC is not good.

If you start getting high temperatures you can manually edit the fan speed curve with programs like MSI Afterburner, undervolt the GPU, etc, etc, but by now your temps are just perfect.

Solution

blazblue

Commendable
Dec 2, 2018
Thanks so much Phazoner for answering. You really helped me out. I was so scared because i didn't know if the temperatures are safe for Gtx 1070 Gaming X version. Have a nice day Phazoner and thank you.