Question GTX 1070 BAD FPS ON FULLSCREEN

Jan 11, 2020
when i play games on fullscreen my gpu usage is always low like 10% and doesnt go over around 60 fps and its not capped in game but when i go windowed fullscreen gpu usage goes up and i get 144fps and thats what it is capped at any idea what it could be .
my specs:
gtx 1070 8gb
i7 4790 3.8ghz
16 gb ram
1tb ssd
2 tb hdd

Jan 11, 2020
Hello, nizyt.

The FPS should be higher on Fullscreen, as it doesn't have to render everything else you have open. 144 FPS may be capped by the monitor. A 144Hz monitor means it refreshes the screen 144 times per second, meaning you can get maximum of 144 FPS. You can also overclock the monitor, although I am not familiar with that things. The GPU usage at 10 % when gaming can also mean the CPU can't keep up with the GPU performance, meaning you would need to get a better CPU (however you have an Intel i7 + the usage goes up when you go into Windowed Fullscreen).

I haven't helped with this, haven't I?
Sorry, but I hope it did help out even a little.

Thanks for reading!

Jan 11, 2020
didnt really help but i appreciate the feedback and the cpu usage was fine and i have a 144 hz monitor and i noticed when i put the game on my second moniotr that is only 60 hz the game goes to 144 fps so i checked and made sure that the moniotr was at 144 hz and it was but idk what it is thats happening its really weird