noonanb0404

Reputable
Jul 31, 2018
Specifications:
Aorus Elite X570 MOBO
AMD Ryzen 3800
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1070 (GP-104)
EVGA 1000 Watt Gold PSU

The issue I'm having only occurs while gaming. Oddly enough, some games seem to run perfect.
However, most games will cause the GPU to kill the display, rev the fans to 100% and is only fixable via hard reboot.
I understand this is a fairly common issue but no solution I've found works.
I sent it to Gigabyte for an RMA but they ran benchmarks on it for 8 hours and had no crash so they sent it back.

I have:
Cleaned the card with a dry toothbrush.
Changed the thermal paste out (Artic Silver 5, dropped the cards temps...)
Tested it on three known good rigs and PSUs. To include an Intel Build and two AMD FX8350 builds.
Flashed the VBIOS, updated drivers and degraded to old drivers.
Tried forcing the fan curve with MSI Afterburner.
Downclocked, overclocked, ran in debug mode via NVidia control panel.
Monitored the power, 12v is stable across the board.
I'm at a loss. It's so confusing that it runs the brand new Modern Warfare perfect for hours & various benchmarks, but I go play ARMA 2 and it crashes in seconds of getting to the main menu.
If anyone has an idea I haven't tried, I will be forever grateful.
Thanks ahead.

Solution
In other machines (Windows 7 & 10), it experienced the same crashing while gaming
There you go, take a video showing the card crashing in multiple systems and sent it to gigabyte. That's what i did with mine that Asus sent it back to me saying it was ok. You should not give in, make them replace it.

DDU is a very useful program to uninstall and reinstall safely and fully the GPU drivers. I don't think it will help you since your problem is not drivers though.

noonanb0404

Reputable
Jul 31, 2018
So, in other systems, it performed well without issues?

Have you tried DDU?
New windows installation?

Also how many sticks of RAM?

Dotas1, In other machines (Windows 7 & 10), it experienced the same crashing while gaming.
I have not tried DDU, nor am I familiar with it.
I'm running two sticks of 8gb RAM in the 2nd and 4th slot on a brand new Windows 10 installation. I re-installed two days ago.

Thanks for the responses.

In other machines (Windows 7 & 10), it experienced the same crashing while gaming
There you go, take a video showing the card crashing in multiple systems and sent it to gigabyte. That's what i did with mine that Asus sent it back to me saying it was ok. You should not give in, make them replace it.

DDU is a very useful program to uninstall and reinstall safely and fully the GPU drivers. I don't think it will help you since your problem is not drivers though.

Solution