Question GTX 1070 clicks and fan stop flashes on before crashing PC.

BaronSamedi

Reputable
Jun 28, 2017
My system is as follows
  • Windows 7 Ultimate
  • 44gb, 28gb DDX3
  • Coolermaster hyper 12 Evo Fan.
  • 2 graphics cards, a GT440 and a GTX 1070 I recently upgraded to do machine learning/neural network stuff on.
  • Various hard drives and one system SSD
  • Corsair CX 750N

I find that after a while - maybe an hour of use, especially if I try to load up a game - the GTX 1070 starts clicking, the lights on it change colour (yellow/red?) and the fan stop light comes on and off in time with the clicking. This crashes the PC. It worked fine for years so this is relatively recent. I'll try to get a video if I can catch it in time.

Any ideas on what's going on/how to troubleshoot?

Lutfij

Titan
If you have 4x4GB of ram you should be having 16GBs of ram. How do you have 28GB's of ram on your platform? As for the specs, what is the make and model of your motherboard? As for the PSU, how old is the PSU in your build? Also, do you have the grey labelled CX unit or the green labelled CX unit? By upgrading the GPU, did you use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers and then manually reinstalling the GPU driver sourced from Nvidia(latest) in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

This crashes the PC.
Can you elaborate on what you mean by saying crash?