Question GTX 1070 clock-speed is at 139mhz most of the time ?

boldihevizi

Prominent
Dec 30, 2022
The gpu's clockspeed most of the time is 139mhz, but during furmark, unigine heaven and games it goes up for a little bit, then back to minimum...
The problem is I can't get my GTX 1070 to work properly, I installed previous and even the latest drivers. I tried everything, even clean installed win 11 three times and win 10 once (currently running win10), but its the same with all of these. I even took the pc apart, about a month ago when this misterious perfomance drop happened it fixed it. Fiddling with Nvidia control panel and windows settings won't do any change as well. Only Revios win11 was able to run some games and benchmarks (valorant, Yugioh master duel, unigine heaven).
Its super annoying. My pc worked fine for 3 years, and now I can't use it for games and graphics. Somewhere I r ead that the gpu's power manager chip could be dead. Any suggestions?

Which processor/CPU do you actually have ? What is the GPU temp value when the clock-speed remains very low ? Kindly provide full PC specs as well, including the PSU model.

Complete system specs should ALWAYS be accompanied with any driver, hardware, or performance question. Do not post DXDiag reports as they contain a TON of useless information. Posting a DxDiag in place of a System Spec List tends to ward off potential members from helping you.

Please supply the following system details/information. No need to provide each and every detail though, only relevant to your issue at hand. This is just for reference:

(Complete System Specs)
-CPU make and model# (clock speed/voltage, type of cooler, and "Core" temperature @ idle and load)
-Motherboard make & model# (include Bios version if graphics card is not recognized or you are having stability issues)
-RAM (amount, clock speed, model#/link of kit, configuration)
-Graphics card(s) make and model# (clock speed, voltage if modified, Driver version and GPU temp both @ idle and load)
-Power supply make,model#, "AND" age (note if using 110V or 220V A/C input)
-HDD/SSD configuration (ie: Raid setup/ back up/ OS drive/etc..)
-Case/Chasis make,model# (fan make, model#, and configuration if having thermal issues)
-Operating System (If using Windows note Framework and service pack version)
-Monitor make, model#, and resolution (If model# is unknown list resolution and refresh rate)

*If the unit is a "laptop" or "All-in-one" system you must note the make and model# of the unit. Be sure you are ALWAYS using the OEM/manufacturer's Driver updates for the unit.

*If "Crashing":
-Note the nature of the "crash" in detail, as there are several definitions for the word "crash".

*If "performance" related issue:
-Note the "exact" point in which the performance reduction occurred (ie: After Windows update, After Bios update, After Driver update, After thermal system shutdown, After Hardware change/upgrade etc...)

*For diagnostic purposes please disable the following:
-Any/all Antivirus/ Anti-malware software
-Any/all OSD monitoring software
-ALL overclocks outside of factory spec

Reactions: th3reaperskullpt

boldihevizi

Prominent
Dec 30, 2022
My specs are:
-AMD Ryzen 5 1500x stock (3,5ghz 1,25v; id cooling all in one water cooler 120mm; on idle its around 35-40C; under load it gan go up to 60C degree)
-Asus a320m-k (BIOS 6042 - recently updated, no changes on performance)
-RAM (G.SKILL Ripjaws4 8GB (2x4GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-16-16-36)
-Inno3D GeForce GTX 1070 X2 (N1070-4SDV-P5DS); Driver version: 497,29; Temp idle: 40-45 load: 60-65)
-Cooler Master Elite 600W (RS-600-ACAB-M4) Hungarian plug 230v , 3,5 years old
-512gb Sandisk SSD as OS Drive; GUID partition; Secure boot enabled; SMART on -512gb HDD; 1tb HDD
-Cooler Master q300l (stock fan; water cooler's 120mm fan; no termal issues, around 60C degrees max)
-Windows 11 22H2 (Net FW 3.5; 4.8.1; and service pack version:KB5021255)
-Asus vn248h; 1920x1080p 60hz

Gpu performance is sometimes okay, sometimes not. It draws power from the psu and around the necessary amount to perform the selected tasks (benchmark, games). So the problem is, its really inconsistent, and in most games won't even work. After opening Gpu-z the clock speed goes up to normal, but if I won't use the gpu it will clock itself down to 139mhz. Same on Windows 10, and I've been using win11 since release (despite of cpu "incompatibility"), and honestly I faced less performance issues than in windows 10...
I think this problem occured while cleaning my room with a vacuum cleaner, and I occassionally lift my pc to clean under it, probably made the gpu lose, will check it.
I attach the GPU-Z log text file here. When I try to stress test, it goes down, as I quit the clock speed will return to normal values.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS