Question GTX 1070 constantly using power

emieleke

Reputable
Sep 19, 2017
Hey all.

So i have an EVGA gtx 1070 SC in my system and i have noticed in the precision X1 software that its using 30% power almost all the time without anything running. I figured this might be some weird bitcoin miner running on my system but MalwareBytes isnt finding anything. Plus task manager shows that my GPU isnt being used at all.

Anyway to fix this or find the problem via some other software or is this completely normal?

Thanks in advance!

Hey all.

So i have an EVGA gtx 1070 SC in my system and i have noticed in the precision X1 software that its using 30% power almost all the time without anything running. I figured this might be some weird bitcoin miner running on my system but MalwareBytes isnt finding anything. Plus task manager shows that my GPU isnt being used at all.

Anyway to fix this or find the problem via some other software or is this completely normal?

Thanks in advance!
Do you have more than one monitor hooked up and active, but not displaying or in use for displaying? I know that clone mode made my GTX 1060 and 1070 use extra power with more than one monitor hooked up.

If you have more than one monitor, try disabling one of them in Windows or disconnecting one of the monitors to see if it changes anything.

Also, running higher than 60Hz can cause extra power to be drawn with multiple monitors.

Last edited:

emieleke

Reputable
Sep 19, 2017
Do you have more than one monitor hooked up and active, but not displaying or in use for displaying? I know that clone mode made my GTX 1060 and 1070 use extra power with more than one monitor hooked up.

If you have more than one monitor, try disabling one of them in Windows or disconnecting one of the monitors to see if it changes anything.

Also, running higher than 60Hz can cause extra power to be drawn with multiple monitors.
Well i am using a 144 hertz monitor but the second monitor does not seem to be te problem. Its also very spikey. Spiking from 8% tot 30% constantly