[SOLVED] Gtx 1070 cooler won't budge

vodliedood

Commendable
May 10, 2020
I purchased some thermal paste recently so I can open up my 1070 and replace it. It's the gainward phoenix model and there are 0 tutorials on how to take it apart, but I've opened up GPUs before so I wasn't too worried. I took out all of the screws that I could see and the cooler still doesn't come off. If anybody has a step by step guide for taking apart that particular model I'd be very grateful

Solution
I purchased some thermal paste recently so I can open up my 1070 and replace it. It's the gainward phoenix model and there are 0 tutorials on how to take it apart, but I've opened up GPUs before so I wasn't too worried. I took out all of the screws that I could see and the cooler still doesn't come off. If anybody has a step by step guide for taking apart that particular model I'd be very grateful
make sure all the screws on PCB to Heatsink or anything that connects the heatsink to pcb is taken off, then take it off by wiggle the heatsink alittle bit so that it would loose the stickyness from thhermal pads and the paste itself.
make sure all the screws on PCB to Heatsink or anything that connects the heatsink to pcb is taken off, then take it off by wiggle the heatsink alittle bit so that it would loose the stickyness from thhermal pads and the paste itself.

Solution
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89_QsIPml-I

Have you removed the screws on the bracket? Sometimes there are screws along the side as well. If you are stating the screws won't turn then I'm not sure there is much we can do for you from here.