GTX 1070 gets 50-55 fps on high settings for CPU heavy games such as DOTA 2 and CS:GO??Why?

Aug 5, 2018
My Specs:

Laptop: MSI GX63VR

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700HQ 2.80 GHz

RAM: 16 GB DDR4

CPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB)

Storage: 1 TB HDD + 256 GB SSD

Adapter: 230-watt AC adapter

GPU drivers up to date, GPU/CPU temps safe range

I play on 1080 ultra settings but hover around 50-70 fps all the time. Changing the looks doesn't shift the fps. I don't have any viruses, nor do I run any background apps whilst playing. Can someone explain why my laptop is under performing this much when benchmark websites show that I should be getting 130 fps and above. Please help, It's frustrating having these specs and not getting 60 fps. I get above 100 fps on War Thunder and Fortnite, but CPU heavy games like CS:GO and DOTA 2 will grant me <60 fps. Please let me know if there's anything I should do.

Solution
Their might be couple of reasons why you are experiencing the low framerate.

1) check your computer's task manager and see which compononent is at full 100% usage. Usually for me, google chrome takes up 50% of my cpu power which doesn't let other compononets run faster.
2) One of your part may be damaged and requires replacement.
3) Run an antivirus or antimalware software (although i do not recommend many of the softwares except windows defender). A good one would be regcure pro as that and windows defender is all i need to keep my pc clean.

:)

Mahir_2

Commendable
Jun 14, 2016
Their might be couple of reasons why you are experiencing the low framerate.

1) check your computer's task manager and see which compononent is at full 100% usage. Usually for me, google chrome takes up 50% of my cpu power which doesn't let other compononets run faster.
2) One of your part may be damaged and requires replacement.
3) Run an antivirus or antimalware software (although i do not recommend many of the softwares except windows defender). A good one would be regcure pro as that and windows defender is all i need to keep my pc clean.

:)

Solution
It seems to me you already know where the issue is, it's the CPU. In the mean time, the GPU can't output more frames because it's not getting the data it needs from the CPU.
All I can suggest is make sure you're not set on "power saver" in the control panel, and monitor CPU temperature....if it's running hot, then you may have an issue in the cooling system.

TRENDING THREADS