Question GTX 1070 lagging to 20 fps on low settings?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PC_Gamer_Tom

Honorable
Aug 25, 2014
As the title says, my GTX 1070 is sometimes slowing down to 20 fps. I generally play roblox so I thought it was just a bad update, but when I had gone over to Euro Truck Simulator 2 MP, I got so much lag any time I past a single player's truck. Naturally I turned down my settings thinking maybe it's just a bit overloaded but even on the potato of quality, remained around 60-70 fps average when it should be atleast 120+, and 10-20 fps passing players. It was impossible to play.

This only happened in the last three or so days, and I don't think I updated anything, besides the nvidia graphics today. Any suggestions?

I doubt my specs mean much, but I got
i5-4600
12GB RAM
gtx 1070
600W PSU

I kept an eye on my GPU and it's always went to 100% on the 3D part when I got to a specific area in a roblox game. (ETS2 uncapped frames so it always went 100% usage anyways)

Edit: going to use DDU and re install, update soon.

Last edited:
Well, Windows 10 updates itself without telling you at times, so you can't be 100% sure it did not happen unless you check the update history.

One additional thing I forgot to mention, that sometimes helps diagnose stuff like this, is checking the "windows events log panel". If there was something wrong, then it was logged there.

Cheers!