Question GTX 1070 massively underperforming, userbenchmark doesn't even recognize it

Raguuu

Prominent
Jul 29, 2019
Hi all,

My GTX 1070 is wildly underperforming as compared to countless other cards, a lot of which are worse cards. Frames in games are typically less than half what all other 1070 benchmarks get and I've tried everything from reinstalling windows, the games, and using DDU for my drivers. Seems to get worse every time I log on to play and makes most of my games unplayable. Most games have stutter and frame drop issues and even when I can get a solid framerate, it's so much lower than all benchmarks I've seen. Maybe it's a bottleneck issue but I can't see how. Another interesting thing is that userbenchmark doesn't even recognize the GPU, it just says that my rig is missing it. If anyone has anyone solutions/understanding of why this might be happening I'd be so happy to know em. Here are my specs:

• CPU: Ryzen 7 1800x
  • GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 8gb
-Ram: Corsair vengeance 16gb lpx ddr4 3200 mhz (although my cpu only allows it to cap at 2133mhz, I understand this might be the issue but I'm not entirely sure)
-Storage: 258gb 850 evo ssd, 2tb Hard drive
-Power Supply: Evga 650w Gold
-Mobo: Gigabyte Ax370 Gaming k-7

Thanks in advance

Raguuu

Prominent
Jul 29, 2019
Is it fully in the slot?
If it's not, it might only be communicating across 1 or 2 PCIe lanes, creating a bottleneck.
That's all I've got.
I've taken it out and put it back in multiple times, that doesn't seem to be the issue. Games recognize it, they just run horribly as compared to other 1070s.