Sep 22, 2020
Hi all,

I am trying to connect my TV to my pc via a fiber optic HDMI 2.0b cord. The tv is not showing up in my display settings, and there is a 'no signal' message on the TV.

When I connect the two via a lower quality copper wire HDMI cable it works fine, and when I connect a different device (Steam Link) to the TV with the fiber optic cord that displays just fine. This leads me to suspect that it cannot be an issue with the TV or cord. I've also tried to use the fiber optic cord from PC to monitor and that doesn't work either.

This card claims HDMI 2.0b compatibility, but I don't know what else could be the issue. I also checked my graphics card drivers and they seem to be up to date: NVIDIA Game Ready Driver 456.38. The display driver listed under device manager is 27.21.14.5638, which Windows claims is up to date.

My specs are:

Processor: Intel i5-10600k
Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 1070 FE
MB: MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi
TV: TCL 50S426
Monitor: LG 27GL83A-B
HDMI cord: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CGFTY77/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sep 22, 2020
First, it looks like the cable is directional. It is marked for proper installation.

Second, it could simply be defective.
Thanks for your response. It is indeed directional, but it is very clearly labeled and I have it in the correct orientation.

I don't believe that the cable is defective, because it works with a Steam Link as the input source. It just doesn't work with the GTX 1070 as a source.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Thanks for your response. It is indeed directional, but it is very clearly labeled and I have it in the correct orientation.

I don't believe that the cable is defective, because it works with a Steam Link as the input source. It just doesn't work with the GTX 1070 as a source.
Understood. Have you tried the cable using your integrated video (attached to motherboard)?