Question GTX 1070 Poor Performance on Modern Warfare

Fritchard

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2015
I am using an ASUS GTX 1070. When I play a game like Modern Warfare, or any COD, I get horrible horrible frames, I almost can't tell if its server related sometimes but I am getting good latency results.

GTX 1070 and I5 6600k, 32 GB Ram. I will have GPU tweak, GeForce Experience, a browser, and the game open while playing and the game lags like crazy, I know it should be playing better than this, I can run GTA 5 a solid 70 fps consistently on high settings.

FWIW, I attached a picture of my task manager while running the game. I should also note that I have dual display. I run the game on my XB241h Gsync monitor, and my other applications on my Benq 60fps monitor (HDMI).

Task Manager

Fritchard

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2015
Make and model of PSU?

A number would have helped, instead of that.

How are your temps of CPU and GPU idle and while gaming?
Use HWmonitor.

Uninstalling and reinstalling GPU drivers using DDU is always a good thing to do.
How To - How to perform a CLEAN install of your video card drivers. | Tom's Hardware Forum
EVGA SuperNova 750 P2 for the PSU. For the frames, I can run a really good game at around 100 fps, and then when I die or try to respawn, the game gets super laggy. Mid gunfights are pretty awful. I can sit in the games menu at 60fps, and then when it starts searching for a match it drops to the teens and sometimes lower.

Edit: I should probably mention that since having my PC, other than fortnite occasionally and GTAV, this is really the only PC game I have ever played seriously. After running a few matches, my GPU temp was sitting steady in the 50s, and my CPU in the mid 40s. CPU running at 90% with game, browser, afterburner open.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS