Question Gtx 1070 seriously underperforming, help!

Jun 28, 2019
Okay so, I recently got an ASUS dual fan gtx 1070 and i was super hype because I used to have 1060 and I knew that the 1070 gave really high FPS, even on ultra settings. So I installed it and everything and I got the latest drivers and GeForce experience and all that and I hopped in a game of fortnite. In fortnite on low settings I was still receiving around 144 FPS like I did with my 1060. This really started to scare me so I got in a game of rainbow six siege instead. On rainbow with medium settings, I was receiving about 100 FPS, again just like the 1060. After this I was really scared and decided to delete all of the Nvidia drivers and GeForce experience and physx and all of it. After that I redownloaded the driver and the driver ONLY. This did not help so I just stuck with what I got. Someone please help me!!! Anyone that is willing to give help or answers or tips please do. If anyone has any questions about my pc specs or anything like that you can ask as well. I really don’t want my money to go to waste so plz help if you can.

Jun 28, 2019
  1. What’s an ATX cabinet and where do I find it?
  2. Where do I find my power supply so I can read the side label?
  3. What’s PSU?
Sorry if I sound like an idiot, but as you can tell from my username, i am to this kind of stuff, so yeah.

1. What’s an ATX cabinet and where do I find it?
  2. Where do I find my power supply so I can read the side label?
  3. What’s PSU?
Sorry if I sound like an idiot, but as you can tell from my username, i am to this kind of stuff, so yeah.

Do not worry or panic. You don't sound like an idiot, as you are just a beginner trying to learn new stuff, when it comes PC, hardware and the like..

Anyways, with that being said, an ATX cabinet or chassis is a Computer CASE. A computer case, also known as a computer chassis, tower, or cabinet, is the enclosure that contains most of the components of a personal computer (usually excluding the display, keyboard, and mouse).

The chassis comes in different sizes as well, for example Standard-ATX, Micro-ATX, Mini-ATX, as well as EATX (Extended ATX). Some examples::

COOLER-MASTER-MASTERCASE-H500-ATX-Mid-Tower-Cabinet-MCM-H500-IGNN-S00.jpg

atx-cabinet-500x500.jpg

You can find the PSU inside the above cabinet. You need to open the side panels, to check which PSU model has been installed on your PC. Check the LABEL printed. A PSU is a power supply unit. A power supply is a hardware component of a computer that supplies all components in a computer with power. The power supply converts a 110-115 or 220-230 volt AC (alternating current) into a steady low-voltage DC(direct current) usable by the computer and rated by the number of watts it generates.

The power supply unit is the piece of hardware that's used to convert the power provided from the outlet into usable power for the many parts inside the computer case.

It converts the alternating current (AC) into a continuous form of power called direct current (DC) that the computer components need in order to run normally. It also regulates overheating by controlling voltage, which might change automatically or manually depending on the power supply. An example.

power-supply-5aba984fba617700376b877f.PNG