[SOLVED] GTX 1070 SLI or RTX 2060 super or RTX 2070

bernzkilot

Commendable
Feb 15, 2017
Hi Guys!

i currently have and EVGA 650 watts 80 plus gold certified.

which would be better for the 3 above? GTX 1070 SLI or RTX 2060 super or RTX 2070?

my current set is below.

Ryzen 5 3600
Asus Prime x570-p
16 gb ram 3600 mhz
phanteks p300 case
Evga 650 watts 80 plus gold
500 gb m.2 ssd

Any recommendation would be highly appreciated. :)

Solution
How do the prices of the 2060 Super compare with the 2070 where you are? The 2070 should be slightly faster, since the 2060 Super is actually just a 2070 with about 6% of its cores disabled, but the entire memory system intact. As a result, there is typically only about a 3% to 4% difference between the two in terms of frame rates.

If you can find a 2070 on sale for about the same price, it's likely to be the better option, assuming the coolers and everything are similar. It's probably not worth paying much more for a 2070 though.

bernzkilot

Commendable
Feb 15, 2017
SLI totally not worth it you need more power you get more heat and in most games it just dont work and you probably have many problems with it. RTX 2060 super and rtx 2070 are almost the same performance just buy the cheaper one you can find. But before take a look and at amd RX 5700XT.
i Actually have the RX 5700 XT with me and the heat is unbearable. the gpu temp goes up to 83C at full load. i tried undervolting and it goes to 75C at full load but then after 10 mins of playing, my monitor turns to black and needed to restart to get back to the windows screen. im currently living in Qatar and my room ambient temp is around 22 degrees. im planning to return this card to Amazon then i will get a new card. i need a good card that would last for around 3 years before i upgrade again.

Reactions: stefanos50
i Actually have the RX 5700 XT with me and the heat is unbearable. the gpu temp goes up to 83C at full load. i tried undervolting and it goes to 75C at full load but then after 10 mins of playing, my monitor turns to black and needed to restart to get back to the windows screen. im currently living in Qatar and my room ambient temp is around 22 degrees. im planning to return this card to Amazon then i will get a new card. i need a good card that would last for around 3 years before i upgrade again.
Yes i get it its just the blower style cooler that is really bad and the best for these cards is to wait until august or september for cards from msi,asus etc. Then get the rtx 2060 super or 2070 but you will still lost some performance from 5700XT. Rtx 2070 super is equal with 5700xt. But still 75c is not that much to make your monitor go black maybe this is a drivers issue or something else.

bernzkilot

Commendable
Feb 15, 2017
Yes i get it its just the blower style cooler that is really bad and the best for these cards is to wait until august or september for cards from msi,asus etc. Then get the rtx 2060 super or 2070 but you will still lost some performance from 5700XT. Rtx 2070 super is equal with 5700xt. But still 75c is not that much to make your monitor go black maybe this is a drivers issue or something else.
i have used DDU and installed new driver for 3 times and this thing keeps happening. im changing the volt from radeon global wattman settings. im really confused now if i should get RTX 2060 super or RTX 2070. BTW, the reason why i mentioned GTX 1070 is because someone is selling me GTX 1070 for USD 270.00. is this is good deal? im using 1080 144 hz monitor btw.

i have used DDU and installed new driver for 3 times and this thing keeps happening. im changing the volt from radeon global wattman settings. im really confused now if i should get RTX 2060 super or RTX 2070. BTW, the reason why i mentioned GTX 1070 is because someone is selling me GTX 1070 for USD 270.00. is this is good deal? im using 1080 144 hz monitor btw.
No you said you want to keep your gpu for 3 years and you have a 144hz monitor so get one of the rtx cards if you have the budget. Are you sure the undervolting you've done is stable and do you use msi afterburner? With one look i read many people having the same issue by chaning by using this program with 5700xt.

Reactions: bernzkilot

bernzkilot

Commendable
Feb 15, 2017
No you said you want to keep your gpu for 3 years and you have a 144hz monitor so get one of the rtx cards if you have the budget. Are you sure the undervolting you've done is stable and do you use msi afterburner? With one look i read many people having the same issue by chaning by using this program with 5700xt.
yes i did use MSI afterburner as well. the clock is at 2044 MHZ and volt at 1.098 but the same thing keeps happening. fan is running at 2200 rpm. i was hoping for some good deals at amazon prime but it seems that those items on promotion are not eligible for shipping to Qatar. LOL

yes i did use MSI afterburner as well. the clock is at 2044 MHZ and volt at 1.098 but the same thing keeps happening. fan is running at 2200 rpm. i was hoping for some good deals at amazon prime but it seems that those items on promotion are not eligible for shipping to Qatar. LOL
Ok then try return everything on stock on the gpu then uninstall the msi afterburner from your computer and do a clean install of the drivers with ddu and see if this is a fix.

EndEffeKt_24

Commendable
Mar 27, 2019
If you are into crafting you could install an aftermarket cooler like the arctic accelero on the 5700xt. The blower cooler realy is a pain. I love the silicon, but you need the aib partner cards for it to work.
I would also check the voltages. Seems your undervolt is unstable when the card heats up.

bernzkilot

Commendable
Feb 15, 2017
If you are into crafting you could install an aftermarket cooler like the arctic accelero on the 5700xt. The blower cooler realy is a pain. I love the silicon, but you need the aib partner cards for it to work.
I would also check the voltages. Seems your undervolt is unstable when the card heats up.
you have any idea on which would be the ideal clock and volt?

How do the prices of the 2060 Super compare with the 2070 where you are? The 2070 should be slightly faster, since the 2060 Super is actually just a 2070 with about 6% of its cores disabled, but the entire memory system intact. As a result, there is typically only about a 3% to 4% difference between the two in terms of frame rates.

If you can find a 2070 on sale for about the same price, it's likely to be the better option, assuming the coolers and everything are similar. It's probably not worth paying much more for a 2070 though.

Solution

bernzkilot

Commendable
Feb 15, 2017

Sure bro. Im actually in Qatar. I will see because im hoping that prices will go down more after the 2080 super release