GTX 1070 stutter and DPC latency issues

Villari

Prominent
Mar 3, 2017
Hello everyone, I was hoping somebody could help me with these issues I've been having for over almost two years.

The issue I'm having is that my DPC latency is never below 900 (for most of the time it's between 1000 and 1100) but I've caught is jump up to 9000 which is very high. Could that mean possible hardware failure?

Also, basically every game I play stutters to some degree. Even though I have very decent specs and I play at 1080p I see frequent microstuttering. I even use Vsync and also lock the framerate with RivaTurnerStatisticService at 60fps and the problems are persisting.
I would also mention that canging the power settings to "High Performance" doesn't help and that my drivers are up to date.

Can anyone please help me pinpoint the issue that's causing bad performance issues?

Specs:
GPU: GTX 1070 Gaming x (8GB)
CPU: I7 7700K (4.2 GHz)
Memory: 2x8GB clocked at 3000MHz
Motherboard: Z270X-UD3
SDD: WD Green 240GB (for OS) Samsung 860 Evo 500-Gb (for games)
PSU: LC Power 1200w Platinum

BryanFRitt

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011
Any background processes using up system resources? (like system backups, updates, browsers and other applications, anti-virus, spyware, ...)
Are you sure all drivers of everything involved has been updated to the most stable up-to-date versions?
Is your system properly cooled? Is it overheating?
Try turning off any overclocking, and see if that makes a difference.
See if you can isolate the issue further.