Gtx 1070 temperature during gaming hitman

roudy-s

Reputable
Jan 21, 2017
Hello yesterday i was playing hitman for about 2 hours and it was running great i have checked my temperature and saw that the gtx 1070 has went to a max of 77 degree and the cpu i7 880 to 61 degree max and it is running very well on the 1080p monitor and on ultra settings so what you say it is good for me or the temperature are high and thank you.

And another question the vsync should be enabled or disabled i keep it enabled because i have a 60hz monitor and dont need more than 60 fps or am i wrong and yesterday i runned forza horizon 3 with vsync on and saw the fps at 60 and 50 and sometime 45 and then i disabled the vsync and it went to 70 and 80 sometimes and the lowest one was at 40 so is it better to keep vsync on or off to have a good and smooth gameplay and thank you so much sorry for the long paragraph and please answer both questions.

Solution
To your first question: yes, those temperatures are fine for the settings you are using. I would start worrying once the gpu reaches 85-90+.

To the second question: yes, I would leave vsync enabled for smoother gameplay. ~15 fps changes are not that noticeable, but ~40 fps changes definitely are and will negatively impact gameplay.

shmoochie

Commendable
May 10, 2018
To your first question: yes, those temperatures are fine for the settings you are using. I would start worrying once the gpu reaches 85-90+.

To the second question: yes, I would leave vsync enabled for smoother gameplay. ~15 fps changes are not that noticeable, but ~40 fps changes definitely are and will negatively impact gameplay.

Solution