GTX 1070 ti or Crossfire RX580/RX480?

DbDBlackJack

Reputable
Mar 4, 2015
Hello all. Thank you for your time and insight on this.

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: ASAP No Budget

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming(Overwatch, WoW, LoL, MGS:V, Wildlands, Fornite), YouTube, and Movies

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: Asus Rog Strix RX 480 O8G and Seasonic Prime Ultra 80 Plus Titanium 650W

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS: AMD Ryzen 5 1600x, Asus Rog Strix b350-f, Team T-Force Vulcan Dark ROG 16GB RAM, and [url=http://www.fractal-design.com/home/product/cases/meshify/meshify-c]Fractal Design Meshify C Dark TG.[/url]

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Newegg, Amazon, and Ebay - in the US

PARTS PREFERENCES: I like performance for the dollar amount. I have no real brand loyalty.

OVERCLOCKING: Yes - SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Maybe

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1080p and 1440p

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: I'm just trying to squeeze more frames out and/or stabilize the framerates of the games I currently play(mainly Overwatch). The big question is; should I Crossfire an RX580 with my current RX480 or get a GTX1070 ti? Pros and cons of either setup will be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time!

DbDBlackJack

Reputable
Mar 4, 2015
Thank you for such a fast response!

I actually have that card in my Amazon cart, just waiting for me to pull the trigger. This is probably a sign lol.

One thing I did not consider was the power consumption. I just saw a video from Gamers Nexus that showed, IIRC, ~460w draw. So that, plus the added heat I think you're right. Time I stop fooling myself and just take the dive.

Purchasing now. Thank you cdog!!!

TRENDING THREADS