[SOLVED] gtx 1070 ti & rtx 2080 ti xc

Solution
You can run them both at the same time, but you CAN'T use them both for gaming or to supplement the performance of each other for gaming.

Plus, you are going to need a very good 900w or higher power supply with at least four 8 pin PCI supplemental power connectors.

The only way you will benefit from those is using the 2080TI for gaming and the other graphics card for supplemental processes like maybe a second display for browsing, or for streaming compute or some other purpose.
You can run them both at the same time, but you CAN'T use them both for gaming or to supplement the performance of each other for gaming.

Plus, you are going to need a very good 900w or higher power supply with at least four 8 pin PCI supplemental power connectors.

The only way you will benefit from those is using the 2080TI for gaming and the other graphics card for supplemental processes like maybe a second display for browsing, or for streaming compute or some other purpose.

Solution
Aug 30, 2019

Ive got a 1000w psu, but i was really just wanting to stick it in my build to stream a little and possibly just for a second display just as you had mentioned. Do you think id even need to have the 1070 ti if i just wanted a second display for lets say, just watching twitch or something while im playing around in game?

No, you wouldn't. Those tasks could run on a potato. Also, if you have a CPU with integrated graphics you can always hook a second monitor to that as well, but you may need to go into the BIOS and enable the option for using BOTH integrated and PCI graphics. And you may not if it's already on Auto.

For streaming you will probably want the second GPU IF you are doing this at a fairly high level.

Yes, the 9900k has integrated graphics. You can hook a second monitor to the motherboard video output and then you will need to configure the multiple monitor settings in Nvidia control panel so that the monitor connected to your 2080TI is the primary display. As mentioned, you might also have to make a settings change in the BIOS for integrated + PCI display or set to Auto.

Aug 30, 2019
Yes, the 9900k has integrated graphics. You can hook a second monitor to the motherboard video output and then you will need to configure the multiple monitor settings in Nvidia control panel so that the monitor connected to your 2080TI is the primary display. As mentioned, you might also have to make a settings change in the BIOS for integrated + PCI display or set to Auto.

awesome, great. thank you so much for your help man. i appreciate you!