Question GTX 1070 Ti SLI -- Founders edition

Xsellenze

Reputable
Jun 18, 2016
Hi, I am considering buying a graphics card to run alongside my current card. I have a founder's edition 1070 Ti and I was wondering if I could run a different retailer's card such as ASUS or GIGABYTE.

Yes, that should work, as long as both the cards are of same model. Any 1070 Ti will work, it doesn't need to be another founders edition. But, make sure you have an SLI bridge, as you will need that. Also, why do you want to go SLI? These days it's not actually recommended.

You would be much better off buying a SINGLE powerful GPU instead. SLI is not worth the hassle.

Xsellenze

Reputable
Jun 18, 2016
I was gonna go SLI because, at least in engineering, two smaller batteries are usually better than one big one so I was basing it off of that as well as direct performance comparisons. It would be nearing the performance of a single 2080Ti in respect. I watched a video comparing 1080 SLI, 1080Ti SLI, and a 2080 Ti and both of the SLI ones outperformed the 2080 Ti. The 1070 Ti is very close in terms of specs in respect to the 1080.