GTX 1070 warm

Nov 10, 2018
I have only 3 days ago gotten a gtx 1070 from my friend but I have noticed that when playing pubg and overwatch on max settings the card gets quite warm (75°c). My friend said that his ran in the low 60s. I have tried making a custom fan thing but it doesn't seem to do anything... At about 75°c the fans are at around 50%. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Solution
your temps are just about right I would say as the review by Guru3d was done at 20 to 21 degrees C which is around 4 degrees less than your room tempn and they hit 65 degrees and you 70 degrees so within margin of error.

https://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/asus_geforce_gtx_1070_strix_gaming_review,9.html

As to fan speed, 70% seems quiet high but I can't seem to find a reference on max speeds at load for your fans...I am checking and will come back to you..

Okay the Asus Strix 1070 is a very good GPU and has a great cooling solution. This GPU should be around the 65 degrees C mark at load. Can you double check that it does not have some dust blocking the cooler...It might be worth taking the card out and blowing some compressed air through the cooler to see if that clears things out...

Oh I should have asked our you living in a hot country or are the temperatures where you are high...If so that might account for the temp increase..

Nov 10, 2018

I live in Sweden and in I'm my room it is about 24°c (around that temp). I tried what you suggested and I tried playing overwatch now on all the highest settings and it was running at 70°c with the fans at about 70%. Is this ok or should I be getting lower °c?

your temps are just about right I would say as the review by Guru3d was done at 20 to 21 degrees C which is around 4 degrees less than your room tempn and they hit 65 degrees and you 70 degrees so within margin of error.

https://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/asus_geforce_gtx_1070_strix_gaming_review,9.html

As to fan speed, 70% seems quiet high but I can't seem to find a reference on max speeds at load for your fans...I am checking and will come back to you..

Solution
Yep, I have checked the fan curve and at 70 degrees c it is around 70%. There are a few posts with people having issues controlling the fans for the Strix 1070 with a custom fan curve....not sure if it is worth playing around with the fan curve. Is the Strix 1070 loud at 70%?

Nov 10, 2018

Thank you

Nov 10, 2018

I have noticed that sometimes while ideling the GPU clock speed will go upp to 2000MHz and Memory clock up to 8000MHz for no reason. This will also mean that the card gets warmer, I dont think that it is a big deal, or what do you think?