GTX 1080 All games crashing

Angelicjack

Honorable
Jul 3, 2014
Hello everyone,

I have a problem. My gtx 1080 is crashing on every game i try to play.
The game itself freezes but i can still hear the sound in the background.

The games i tried so far:
F1 2017
Rust
Assetto corsa
Pubg
Battlefield 1
Serious sam 3

All these games crash the same way. Some will work if i run them on lowest settings but most of them crash for no reason.

What i tried so far:
Clean OS install
DDU clean driver uninstall in safe mode
Voltage check
Bios reset
Bios update

Nothing seems to work.
I hope you guys can help me because im running out of ideas.
Nothing is overclocked and every setting is original.

Thankyou in advance!

Angelicjack

Honorable
Jul 3, 2014
My specs are:

1000W psu (cant remember the brand)
i5 7600k
Corsair lpx 8gb 2x
Gigabyte GA-z170x gaming 7 mobo
Razer blackwido chroma keyboard
Razer deathadder chroma mouse
Razer firefly chroma mousepad
Msi optix g27c 144hz curved monitor

Angelicjack

Honorable
Jul 3, 2014

Thankyou for your reply. I have one problem everything in my case is watercooled so sending the card RMA aint not an option. Im getting a new psu tomorrow since 2 of my ram banks died already last week and now i have 2 new ones.

Did you check system temps if you changed things to watercooling?

Angelicjack

Honorable
Jul 3, 2014

When i play battlefield 1. Cpu and gpu run on 98% with 50c max

Angelicjack

Honorable
Jul 3, 2014
Problem is solved. I formatted my whole C: drive. Deleted everything. Cleaned every component in my case. Reinstalled windows. And manually installed all the drivers. Everything works for now!

You said you did a clean OS setup before though, that did not help the first time?

Angelicjack

Honorable
Jul 3, 2014

The problem has returned. Bf1 worked for more than 4 hours on ULTRA. but as soon as i play PUBG or RUST or F1 2017 it crashes again with the same error:
Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

Im back to where i started.

smichak.uv

Commendable
Jul 30, 2018
Having the same problem here... Everything seemed to be working fine (played and finished Assassin's Creed Origins with no problems) and then I did a fresh Windows 10 re-install on formatted drives and I have been having this "nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered" problem ever since...

Any updates on this?

UPDATE: I tried all sorts of attempts with re-installing drivers, DDU, replacing the PSU and nothing helped... I eventually turned to set the GPU fan speed to 90% (It's a Gigabye Auros Extreme GTX 1080 ti) - so far seems to be working. Will update in a few days if this indeed was the problem. The weird thing is that without this setting GPU temperature was ~74C which is considered OK.