Question GTX 1080 Artifacting While Underclocked

Muzencab

Honorable
May 21, 2017
As title says about a year ago I ran into some minor artifacts and used afterburner to decrease the load on my gpu. Fast forward a year and now no matter how underclocked it will show artifacts regardless of graphics. Temp rarely ever gets above 70 Celsius and never above 80. I've uninstalled and reinstalled drivers to no help. I'm at a loss to what it could be other than fault with the card even though its just 3 years old and I never abused overclocking it. Honestly open to any solutions or advice so I don't have to dump a pricey card. The artifacts themselves are less grid like and more Christmas lights and white flakes randomly jumping around screen.

It looks like your GPU might be faulty, though can you first post a pic/image/screenshot of these artifacts on your screen ? Are they visible only while playing games, or even in Idle desktop Mode ?

List full PC specs as well. Which PSU have you been using to power the GTX 1080 ? From your description this looks like a GPU VRAM corruption issue to me, but I don't want to jump on any conclusion right now.

Muzencab

Honorable
May 21, 2017
It looks like your GPU might be faulty, though can you first post a pic/image/screenshot of these artifacts on your screen ? Are they visible only while playing games, or even in Idle desktop Mode ?

List full PC specs as well. Which PSU have you been using to power the GTX 1080 ? From your description this looks like a GPU VRAM corruption issue to me, but I don't want to jump on any conclusion right now.
Device name DESKTOP-ORAON1V
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz 4.20 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB
Device ID 64F80746-5D81-47FF-89C8-BD2D494DA970
Product ID 00325-95814-98031-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Sorry I forgot to post them. I forget my psu but I have recently checked it over when looking for any external issues.
No issues when idle or searching the web, only when playing any game.

Last edited:

Muzencab

Honorable
May 21, 2017
PSU - CORSAIR - RMx Series RM850x 80 PLUS Gold
As for the artifacting i'm having trouble getting a screenshot as the issue isn't present. I get one green orb is all despite my screen flickering like crazy.