[SOLVED] GTX 1080 - Can it CPU work well

Feb 16, 2020
Hello now i have I5 4590 with GTX 750, i can have GeForce GTX 1080 from second hand 261 € not too much. I playing games, streaming, and some Sony Vegas and programms.
It will my CPU work well with GTX 1080 in games than GTX 750 i playing modern games like KCD, shooters, rpg

Solution

What make & model of PSU? A good 600w will run a 1080 with no problems, but we need to know which model it is 1st before we can give you a firm answer. We have several members here that are PSU experts and will be able to quickly tell you if its a good quality unit or not.

As for RAM, 8GB is the bare advisable minimum. Do you plan on upgrading to a new system anytime soon? If no, then I'd highly advise you to get a 2x8GB kit (Take out your 2x4GB) Your mobo supports up to 32GB of DDR3-1600. If you do plan on updating soon, then it's not worth putting any more money into a DDR3 era PC. (Of course everyone's idea of "Worth" differs)

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
Hello now i have I5 4590 with GTX 750, i can have GeForce GTX 1080 from second hand 261 € not too much. I playing games, streaming, and some Sony Vegas and programms.
It will my CPU work well with GTX 1080 in games than GTX 750 i playing modern games like KCD, shooters, rpg

Hi @KokotuvPtak

Welcome to the forums!

A 1080 will be much better than a 750 but what is your current PSU and motherboard? Also, how much DDR3 RAM do you have?

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED

What make & model of PSU? A good 600w will run a 1080 with no problems, but we need to know which model it is 1st before we can give you a firm answer. We have several members here that are PSU experts and will be able to quickly tell you if its a good quality unit or not.

As for RAM, 8GB is the bare advisable minimum. Do you plan on upgrading to a new system anytime soon? If no, then I'd highly advise you to get a 2x8GB kit (Take out your 2x4GB) Your mobo supports up to 32GB of DDR3-1600. If you do plan on updating soon, then it's not worth putting any more money into a DDR3 era PC. (Of course everyone's idea of "Worth" differs)

Solution