Specs:

EVGA GTX 1080 SC2 - Latest Drivers

16gb Gskill 2300mhz ddr4 ram

Ryzen R7 2700

Aorus H170M Pro4

2x3tb hdd

2x930gb ssd

Win10 Latest Build

Nvidia Control Panel power management set to adaptive.

Ok, I've been monitoring my gpu usage on Precision X1. For some reason my clock speeds will be idling at about 250-350 mhz, 625mv and is around 41-42c. Whenever I open anything whatsoever, the clock shoots to 1709mhz, which I assume is it's max clock, or close to it. If I open steam, it does this. If I open Firefox with hw acceleration off, it does this. As of right now, browsing, it went up to 1709, and after about a minute of having firefox open with just this tab has the clock speed gone down to the 600mhz range. And it will erratically jump right back up to the max out of nowhere. I have nothing else running, not even steam.

So, what can I do about this? I can't understand why it just jumps right to the max whenever any power load seems needed to open something, then just sits there and takes forever to regulate and clock down.

hillelslovak

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
use ddu uninstaller and reinstall the latest driver after this

Are you using more than one monitor?

Just one monitor. Ran ddu and reinstalled the new driver. No change from what I've seen. It still jumps to 1709 when I open firefox, steam, etc. Weirdly enough, when I load up Uplay, it shoots up to like 2000mhz and the temps start going up.

Sitting here with just FF on, and it's sitting at 1709.......

hillelslovak

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
Is the tool precision X1 up to date?

eventually uninstall it and use something like GPU-Z

Also:
run userbenchmark.com and post the http link of your result, e.g. https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/28977730

How is the monitorconnected to the GPU? Displayport, HDMI, DVI, any adapter?

GPU-Z, Afterburner, etc are not advisable for me since the X1 Tool is the only one for my EVGA card that lets me control both fans.

The pc is connected to a Smart tv, 4k via hdmi.

Here is the benchmark, which is showing me as having some problems I don't know how to remedy.

User Benchmark

TRENDING THREADS