GTX 1080 DIed OR NOT?!

diagnosticcc

Prominent
Dec 3, 2017
Hi guys, i recently start having pc problems, one day i switched on my pc and suddenly when i fired up wow game, the screen starts to flicker, i opened msi afterburner to see the temperatures, and they were skyrocketing to 100+ degrees. I switched off the system, reseated the pc and nothing... black screen fans spinning, mobo no rgb lights. I thought that this might be the motherboard dead, so i bought the new Asus B350-i Am4 Motherboard, when i plugged everything back together, the same story, but this time the mobo led start flashing on ddr4 ram, so i call overclockers and send back the memory, they replaced it with brand new one, now when i build up back the system, pressing the power button, nothing just the mobo rgb starts, no fan spins, no nothing(btw i bought psu tester and tested the psu, didnt show any problems). Now i reseated everything still nothing, so i did unplug the graphic card and the system started, fan spinning rgb on the mobo, everything, Unfortunately, i don't have spare pc to plug the gpu to it, so i can't possibly check if it's bad mobo pci lane or graphic card died as well. Btw when i returned the old motherboard the seller tested it and said that there is nothing wrong with the board.
My PC PARTS ARE:
Asus b350-i MOBO
t-force vulccan ddr4 2x8gb 3000mhz ram
Nvidia gtx 1080 hybrid evga
ryzen 7 1700 cpu
coolermaster 240 liquid cpu cooler
550w 80 gold plus PSU on superflower
M.2 SSD KIngston 240gb
Things i done:
Reseated everything
tested the power supply with power supply tester
reset the bios
Plus plugged in speaker, didn't beep at all!
Should i return the gpu to be inspected?

It's not likely to be the motherboard. Could be the video card, especially with that temperature issue. Can you test the system with a spare video card? If you can't test the card in another system only thing you can try is to replace it and see if that works.

diagnosticcc

Prominent
Dec 3, 2017

diagnosticcc

Prominent
Dec 3, 2017
I have tried new graphic card, still nothing! By close inspection i saw that when installed the m.2 ssd on the top of the mobo there was 6 pins wich i damaged. If that the problem i will have to deal with asus terrible rma.... will post more updates! Btw the seller for the last motherbord said the item was working perfectly so now i don't know what caused the system not to boot in the first place...