Gtx 1080 Founder edition

May 14, 2018
i am going to buy gtx 1070 founder edition.. because ..gtx 1060 custom card ..and gtx 2070 founder efition is like 20-30 $ difference...do i want to know its safe to buy 1070 founder edition card.. because most telling about heat..it wil reach like 80°c+ -85°c..wil this is a issue..or i can buy the gtx 1070 Founder edition.please help me in this..

MERGED QUESTION
Question from arunnura.sk : "gtx 1070 founder edition"

Reference cards generally run hotter, so if you plan to overclock, don't get the reference version. If you plan to run it as-is, it should be ok, however, it will likely be louder than aftermarket designs when it gets hot. There is also the possibility of thermal throttling during warmer months.

(note: I know nVidia thinks they are special, renaming reference cards to founders edition, but they aren't fooling anyone.)

May 14, 2018

R0GG

Distinguished
If more gaming performance is really needed in specific highly demanding titles, I would go for the 1070 from a price/performance point (30$ more for 30% performance gain) while improving computer case airflow around the graphic card.

May 14, 2018

May 14, 2018
i wont overclock my gtx 1070 founder esition..what will be the maximum temparature we wil get in full load...if i change my fan curve it wil get decrease..with the help of msi after burner..and if i change yhe curve ..wil my fan life span wil get reduced????

A 1070 FE will handily beat even the best 1060. It wont even be close.

While the cooling is not as good with the FE cards, you are not going to have a problem with overclocking the card and high temps as long as you have an aggressive fan curve. The biggest problem is not the heat, the biggest problem is they are loud. You really have to crank that turbine up to keep the temps down. Since you are on going to overclock, it will be less of an issue.

There are too many variables to say what your max temps will be. Ambient temperature, hardware, air flow, and most importantly the case all play major roles in temps. With that being said, with reasonable ambient temps and airflow, I would expect load temps to be around 75C for the GPU.

You can lower the temp target down if you are concerned. If he card reaches temps above the temp target, it will down clock until the temps drop below the target.

Running your GPU fans at max speed can shorten the lifespan, but so can running them at half speed. It is more likely that the card will become obsolete before the fans break, but it is possible. I don't like to run fan speeds above 80%, but mainly it is for the noise.

May 14, 2018

May 14, 2018
i wil never overclock..and i dont care about sound.i scared about temp in gtx 1070 fe in full load..and scared about fan..because if i keep my fan curve high all time..will my fan life span will not work after some time???

In theory, the lower you keep your fan speed, the less likely chance you have that it wont break. Only because of the notion that each fan only has so many turns in its life cycle. Everything will break over time. This is why I would keep the fan speed 80% or below. It is not a terribly high fan curve and should provide reasonable cooling. Chances are, the GPU will become obsolete before the fan breaks.

May 14, 2018

That is up to you, but expect the prices to be expensive on the 11 series for at least the first few months. If they are released in July, I would think it will be at least October till you can get non-reference cards at a reasonable price. Crypto currency prices will impact that as well.

Philballer17

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2009

In addition to this, the x80 card at launch will be utterly overpriced just as the GTX 1080 was, then once the x80 TI version comes out the following year, the x80 price will drop. So definitely keep your hands off the x80 card at launch.

R0GG

Distinguished
The blower style fan cards have improved dramatically in quality and layout of their components blower fan is of higher quality, more robust construction and much quieter than previous generations of graphic cards.

May 14, 2018

TRENDING THREADS