Question GTX 1080 Gainward Phoenix GS problems

Jul 8, 2022
So i bought myself used pc few days ago and there are problems with mainly gpu,

1st: LEDs are asymetric, some colors like red are fully red while light blue is half blue half light green

2nd: displayports, 1st one dont even show signal, 2nd one sometimes works, but after screen goes black because monitor was turned off or pc went to sleep mode, it would say no signal, and one time after messing around 1st and 2nd port because 2nd one didnt work after pc went to sleep, after plugging dp cable to 2nd dp screen started to show fragments on the whole screen for few seconds with buzzing sound, i dont remember what happened after it stoped

3rd one always works without problems

3rd problem is everyday but rarely screen would freeze and i would get buzzing sound like im gonna get blue screen of ded but freeze lasts a second and goes away for hours.

all drivers are up to date except bios

Can anyone help with anything?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Throw some benchmarks at it to see if the problem is the GPU/Memory or just the display outputs. If the computer also has an iGPU you could conceivably use it for display output and have the system use the GPU for rendering. (Basically how you do it with a laptop, you would have to go to the properties of each application and set which GPU to use)

Display Settings, Graphics Settings, Choose an App to set preference, select the GTX1080 for high performance on each application you want rendered. If you don't have an iGPU this won't apply.

I would probably start with taking it apart and giving it a deep clean, new thermal compound. Take a close look at the display connectors and see if they are fully intact and you could do something like a can of contact cleaner (which is just isopropyl alcohol and a propellant gas) to give them a good internal cleaning.

If that doesn't help, well, probably just a bad card.

Jul 8, 2022
Throw some benchmarks at it to see if the problem is the GPU/Memory or just the display outputs. If the computer also has an iGPU you could conceivably use it for display output and have the system use the GPU for rendering. (Basically how you do it with a laptop, you would have to go to the properties of each application and set which GPU to use)

Display Settings, Graphics Settings, Choose an App to set preference, select the GTX1080 for high performance on each application you want rendered. If you don't have an iGPU this won't apply.

I would probably start with taking it apart and giving it a deep clean, new thermal compound. Take a close look at the display connectors and see if they are fully intact and you could do something like a can of contact cleaner (which is just isopropyl alcohol and a propellant gas) to give them a good internal cleaning.

If that doesn't help, well, probably just a bad card.
14796 3dMark
Did windows memory test, says its fine.

This happens to me just for a second then it goes away for hours, myb happens once a day or bit more but atleast once after few hour of gaming.
Since it happens once a day everyday im gonna try smth else, tmrw will update bios and see what happens.

Btw on start up if it matters i do hear a beep.