Question GTX 1080 is running games at low FPS ?

Feb 28, 2023
Last week I was playing MW2 and Hogwarts Legacy at 70-90 FPS on low settings, but about a week after playing, these games are now locked below 60 FPS.
Can someone help me find out why?

Specs:
Intel I7 7700k
GPU Nvidia GTX 1080
16 GB RAM DDR4
MOBO ASUS Z270-K
SSD 256 GB
HDD 2 TB

What is your refresh rate on your monitor? If it is 60hz then check your Nvidia control panels 3dsettings to make sure V-SYNC is not enabled, this will lock your fps to your refresh rate. Also check your in game settings for fps cap. Games are updated frequently and could cause game settings to default to original settings. Of course, checking to make sure you have the newest gpu drivers installed could help.

i have a gtx 1080 i got it put into a rig that was being custom built 7 years ago when the card first came out.
I have not had any of the problems you talk of but as ... fix that glitch says .... check your monitor refresh rate and update your card drivers , i dont use the g force experience program and my card is not overclocked.

What temp are you getting during gaming , the cards fans should kick in for a few seconds then not turn on till about 72 degrees

Feb 28, 2023
What is your refresh rate on your monitor? If it is 60hz then check your Nvidia control panels 3dsettings to make sure V-SYNC is not enabled, this will lock your fps to your refresh rate. Also check your in game settings for fps cap. Games are updated frequently and could cause game settings to default to original settings. Of course, checking to make sure you have the newest gpu drivers installed could help.

I have an Asus vg27ql1a 144 hz 2k monitor, Ive already tried the VSYNC but it didnt work.

Feb 28, 2023
i have a gtx 1080 i got it put into a rig that was being custom built 7 years ago when the card first came out.
I have not had any of the problems you talk of but as ... fix that glitch says .... check your monitor refresh rate and update your card drivers , i dont use the g force experience program and my card is not overclocked.

What temp are you getting during gaming , the cards fans should kick in for a few seconds then not turn on till about 72 degrees

Im getting 54 degrees during wz , dont know why, i got before around 65-70

boju

Titan
Ambassador
There's also an fps limiter in NvidiaCP/ manage 3D settings. What other monitoring software are you running? Check those as well along with Geforce Experience if you use this.

If an fps limit of 60 is active somewhere it'll be static to 59.9~60fps. Not 61. Is this what's happening?

Feb 28, 2023
I just solved it by uninstalling my gpu drivers and installing them back again, Now im runinng games on 60-75 FPS with High settings, thanks everyone for your comments!