GTX 1080 Issues

Goryturnip

Reputable
Jan 12, 2016
Recently I have been having an Issue with my Gigabyte G1 GTX 1080. Randomly when I am playing A game, Path of Exile, Terraria, League of Legends, Rainbow Six Siege, etc. the game will crash taking me back to my desktop with an error saying something along the lines of direct x supported graphics card not found. Let it be noted that at all times the graphics card is detected and seen by the Windows Device Manager, as the only temporary solution I have found is to go into the Device Manager and manually disable and re-enable the graphics card. Some days it won't happen, and other days it will happen two or three times an hour. Any ideas what could be wrong?

Solution
I checked problems with Direct X and the games you mentioned., The solution either involved uninstalling then reinstalling either the graphic card driver, Nvidia , or the specific games.
The first suggestion is that the graphics card driver may have been corrupted or possibly a bad driver was installed. In either case take note of the graphics driver and then go to geoforce .com to get the latest version of the driver. If it is the same driver version, then select an older driver.

Then download and install the driver directly from geoforce .com. Avoid the Windows drivers (they are crap).

Goryturnip

Reputable
Jan 12, 2016

It isnt giving me a windows error. Its an error from the game, it varies a little from game to game. I have also tried to both update to the most recent Nvidia drivers, as well as fallback a few patches, neither seem to do anything. As of right now I am sitting on the latest 398.36 Nvidia driver released today.