Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011
specs:
motherboard: b85m-E
psu: corsair gs 600w
cpu: i7 4790 (non k)
mem: 12 gb (3x 4gb)
gpu : gtx 1080 msi gaming

I think my fps are pretty low in all games , I tried battlefield 1 on ultra with 100% scaling and i'm averaging 50-60 fps, dropping to high 40's (feels the same as my previous gtx 970). I tried also to max out gta v and got around 60-70 fps, watch dogs 2 40 fps.
So my question is what could be the problem here i feel like i should be getting much higher fps here??
utlization while playing a game is cpu : 90-100% Gpu: 95-100%

Solution
I don't think cpu is your problem. Yours is as fast as mine, better actually in a well-threaded game like BF1. Try this - change your BF1 settings to High, set the max frames in game settings to 143.-whatever that is, framerate limiter to 144 in Advanced tab, and see what the results are. Be sure you are on the latest driver as it improved performance a lot. I frequently hit 144fps at 1080p/high with a lesser gpu.

Also set your power management in windows to Maximum and in the nVidia control panel as well. Use Adaptive sync if that's an option.

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
watchdogs is more cpu dependant and complaints about bad performance of it and results like those are common

the rest, well, not sure if those results are bad or good, to me, looks good

have you run a cpu and gpu load monitor to see who is doing a bottleneck? perhaps cpu?

The reason your fps is so low, is because your running a gtx 1080 at 1080p resolution. Your gpu (running at such a low resolution) is causing excessive frames to be processed by your cpu, which is why your cpu load is so high. You need to purchase a 1440p monitor to offload more load to the gpu or if you absolutely must stick with 1080p, downgrade your gpu to a gtx 1070. In short, running GPU at 1080p resolution is causing your cpu to bottleneck. Increasing the resolution will place more load on your gpu, thus decreasing excessive frames that cause the CPU bottleneck.

I don't think cpu is your problem. Yours is as fast as mine, better actually in a well-threaded game like BF1. Try this - change your BF1 settings to High, set the max frames in game settings to 143.-whatever that is, framerate limiter to 144 in Advanced tab, and see what the results are. Be sure you are on the latest driver as it improved performance a lot. I frequently hit 144fps at 1080p/high with a lesser gpu.

Also set your power management in windows to Maximum and in the nVidia control panel as well. Use Adaptive sync if that's an option.

Solution

f3llaN

Prominent
Aug 1, 2017
If you are still having problems or anyone else reading this having the same problem with this Motherboard. I found that changing from the lower PCIE-2 slot to the upper PCIE-3 slot fixed this problem for me. Although it might be difficult to do so with a large cpu fan.

Latest posts