GTX 1080 or GTX 1070 TI

Krichukz

Commendable
Feb 20, 2016
Happy New Year.

First of all i can't really deside on what GPU would fit me the best for - Gaming/Streaming.
As in my country GTX 1080 by EVGA(LINK) is cheaper than GTX 1070 Ti by Zotec(LINK ).

Is actually 1080 better than 1070 ti?
Was taking this as example - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wGRZ-5sl7G9DhIgwW36g2KnrwVfZqBW7GDKHOd2vbaM/edit#gid=0

Is there any specific GPU you guys can suggest for gaming/streaming in 500-700 eur range around there.
CPU is gonna be I7-7700k.

Thanks in advance. :)

Solution
The GTX 1080 is faster. If it is cheaper as well. There is no reason to buy a GTX 1070 Ti. Unless you can find a GTX 1080 Ti in that price range. You aren't going to do any better than a GTX 1080.
Yes the 1080 is better then the 1070ti.

If you're are building the computer now I would recommend getting the newer Coffee Lake processor(i5 8600k or i7 8700k) instead. If you already have the 7700k CPU don't worry its still a great CPU (I have one) but there will be no upgrade for it.

Major_Trouble

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2007
Although the two cards are pretty even on performance the 1070ti is pretty much at the limit of what it can do. If the 1080 is actually cheaper it's a no-brainer choice. More performance for less money. 1080 no question.

Krichukz

Commendable
Feb 20, 2016

Hey, is this the cpu? - LINK If so them i getting it , any specific motherboard you can suggest? :)

Major_Trouble

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2007

Although that say it's a 1151 socket chip currently it only runs in the z370 motherboards.

Krichukz

Commendable
Feb 20, 2016

Does it matters what brand i'm taking EVGA/Gigabyte or Nvidia etc...

No, there are some small differences in default factory overclocks. You can overclock them yourself pretty easily. Dual and triple fans offer better cooling in most circumstances over blower and single fan. If you have a small case with limited air flow or doing SLI. You'll want a blower style fan. In a standard case with good airflow the dual and triple fans are better.

Quality wise there isn't much difference. Some have LED lighting. I'd focus on price unless you want to spend extra on aesthetics. Just get the cooler type appropriate for your case.

Yes. As mentioned elsewhere. Make sure the motherboard is Z370 chipset not Z270. If you are going to overclock get a decent midrange motherboard. I like to stick with Gigabyte, ASUS or MSI.

https://www.1a.lv/datoru_komponentes_tikla_produkti/komponentes/pamatplates/asus_prime_z370a

Major_Trouble

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2007
The most important thing when buying a mobo is to get one with the features you'll need. All the top brands are about equal but what they give you can vary. Is best to narrow down your selection then go and check out some reviews. Sometimes reviews put you onto a board you might not have even considered but will fit your needs better or perform better for what you want.

Do you need wifi?
Do you want fancy RGB lighting?
Do you need 2x m.2 slot or even 3x?
How many USB ports?
Do you want Thunderbolt?
Do you want Killer network port? (not for me but you might be interested)
Will you use onboard Audio? Currently the ALC 1220 is the best but different boards have different solutions using the same audio chipset.
Aesthetics. Do you have a windowed case? What's going to look best with your build?

Plenty of other things to consider that may be personal to you so only you can really decide on your best choice.